Thread: Opinions on a classical piece

Thanks

Opinions on a classical piece

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hows it going everyone, i came across this site and was wondering if i could get some input on a recording.

first off, the piece isnt perfected, it has errors in it, i wasnt playing w/ a metronome... please keep that in mind. last week (when i recorded it) was hectic w/ work and college, so i didnt get to re record/fix it up.

anyhow, im recording (in my bed room) with this gear

Rode NT-5 microphones (a matched pair)
    running directly into:
    M-Audio Mobile Pre USB
    La Patrie Classical Guitar (Concert edition)
    recorded w/:
    Nuendo 1.61

i was wondering what people think about the quality of this recording, i hear a slight hiss and i was wondering what can cause this (too much gain?). another thing, with the set up i have, should i be able to get a way better sound? thanks alot in advance

http://www.geocities.com/dimz99/Little_Fugue1.mp3

by the way, the song is by Bach and is called Little Fugue (known more as Organ Fugue in g minor)

Thanks
    hmm... seems like you cant link to geocities... the file is there but the link doesnt work... i put the file up on my FTP... just click that and the file should be in there. thanks again and sorry about that

ftp://1:1@24.243.77.217

Chicago area, probably looking for more coffee.
    Thanks
    This really doesn't sound bad... A bit of buildup in the lower mids... Nothing unusal for being that close...

There is some hiss - Hard to tell where from - Try recording "nothing" and see if you can track it down. Include unplugging the mic, gain adjustments on the pre, etc.

If you backed off a foot or so and added a touch of verb to this, it would probably mask the hiss if you just can't get rid of it...

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

P.S. - Toccata in Dm next, please...

Thread Information