Open your eyes

TECHNINOT

Hi!
I know that there is a lot yet to be done with this home "production", but I'm not exactly sure what it is.
I would really like the song to become something people will listen to. I work with a TASCAM DP-24SD, without any DAW support, so my mixes are always one-time events, hands-on-try-to-get-a-nice-balance moments of great excitement and expectation :-)

I guess the genre of this song could be thought of as "pop rock".

Of course, any and all practicable suggestions will be extremely welcome.

So, thanks in advance and I hope (naturally) that you like it.

William

Attachments

• OPEN YOUR EYES3.11WAV.mp3
    5.9 MB · Views: 23
Another good song, love the acoustics hard panned. That Tascam has a nice sound. I listened and felt comfortable, nothing stuck out to me that I thought needed changing.

What a beautiful song. I love the playful synths and the subdued percussion. The guitars sounds full and crisp. The only thing that stood out to me was the vocal as it was a bit boomy and could be cleared up a bit to let the guitars come through a bit more. From a production standpoint, I would have like to hear some reverb or delay on the vocal during the "What are you waiting for" parts. The applause sound could also use a little room verb on it to give it a bit more life in the mix and sound less flat. Great tune.

Thank you kindly for your thoughts and suggestions, all of which are very interesting. I'm going to TRY to improve the sound of the vocals in general and use a bit more reverb where it's appropriate. That is, IF I can continue working on this production - my TASCAM is now freezing every time I try to edit something, even the slightest and least complicated edits such as copy/paste. I don't know what the problem is, the SD card is very little burdened and supposedly the best one. I'm waiting for an educational response from the TASCAM FORUM -with real hope - I would like to be able to "finish" this song in the way it deserves.

Anyway, thanks once again, and...
just for the smile, I'm originally from Des Moines, Wa. :-)

I would be curious to try some things for the production if you were able to get some stem tracks. I have some time to work on stuff so I'd gladly take a whack at it if you were interested. And WA is the bees knees.

Hi Stats;
Your offer sounds just wonderful to me. You have already been good to this song.
By pointing a kind, discreet finger at the passage “What are you waiting for?” I have never really been comfortable with this moment in the song and as I think about it I realize that it sounds a bit pedantic, which is not my intention at all. I wish it rather to be of a beseeching nature .

There are a couple of guitar parts that I thought I repaired the other day, but the machine just gobbled them up and spat them out into the grand unknown. In fact, the mix you have heard was a try-to-fool-the-machine number with me live-MUTING in and out of three different vocal tracks, because it refused to COPY/PASTE.

What I do hear now in my head for the above-mentioned passage is so perfectly simple and, I think, right, that I should have already heard it coming: following “The future is yours to decide” could be a brief instrumental moment followed by “No one else can change the world..."

I've just received a package of new "best" SD cards so I'm going to do a bit of clean-up work and put the smile back into my ears before sending you the "stem tracks" that you wish. Of course, I'll need an email address for the sending.

I look forward to hearing from you again.

Cheers,
William

Back