Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: "OPEN" (I can hear the guitar solo this time 8^)

Thanks

"OPEN" (I can hear the guitar solo this time 8^)

Sign in to disable this ad
    If you posted to the thread for version 1, I responded to individuals toward the end of that thread. Took me a while to get to it...sorry!

Hi all! I did a more detailed mix of Open. I altered pretty much everything. And I added a couple of things just so I could alter them too. There is no mastering done as usual, but I'd love to hear what a decent M.E. would do.

I think I really want a new guitar amp though. I'm getting tired of the Marshall sound. Mixing my heavy guitars is a pain in the ass because it's so damn mid-rangey. I don't know if it's the Fender cabinet or what. Oh well...Maybe nearing Mesa time.

Please let me know how things sound on your end.

Thanks for the time!

Tom

Open

Oh ya, strong language and frustrated guitars...be advised if you missed mix 1.
    Last edited by SLuiCe; 06-05-2003 at 12:54.

Thanks
    Yeah! I have absolutely no problems with this now. The vox are good for me now - I kept wanting them a a little louder before and I don't know if you raised them or just eq'd them more carefully but they sound great. And that acapella section that ends the tune is fucking fantastic - one of the best things I've heard here.

Go on wit ya bad self...
    Chris

Thanks
    be back in a few..

In a world full of chimpanzees I was a monkey
    Thanks
    Hey Tom,
    .....whoa..... guess i missed this one. ...Man, to my ears the bass needs to come UP! I see what you mean re: the midrangy guits.... theyre a touch abrasive and very "out front" sounding. That might be effecting the way the bass seems to sit too low as well. The guitar tone might be crowding the vocs a little as well(expecially during the chorus)....little fight for mids. The playing is tight and articulate. Sweet guit tone at the very beginning.
    Nice vocs man........ those screams sound thick and strong. Very nice harmonies as well....... ......sweet vocs throughout!!

I like the tune alot!! great stuff !

Thanks

Thumbs up

great additions! that vocal break at the end is perfect.. the vocals are definitely loud enough.. there's almost a lack of bass now.. I get accused of too much bass so consider the source.. The vocals are borderline too loud for me in some spots.. maybe it's because there seems to be a lack in low end.. see if anyone else complains.. Other than that, I love it!

Thanks

Talking

I just read Guernicas post re: bass.. We posted at the exact same time!

wow..

Thanks
    Alright, I'm gonna bump the bass up. I was worried about over doing it....thanks you two.

Thanks

Thumbs up

Alright, consider the source Listening on a sharp stereo system, speaker's set at head height ( if we could use signature's, this is what i would use)

Anywayyyyy.......Shit, well i feel somewhat better now, sam and guernica, said it already!!!!!!! I swear i was gonna say it was "bass shy"!!!!!!!! COOL! I think the vox are to up front, but that doesn't mean shit! and i still think the kick could be more in yo face, you can hear it just fine, but i can't feel it.

see first paragraph.........

The tune is kickin my ass!!!!!!!...and this kind of comment i can be confident of!

Thank's, sluice!

Peace

Rick

Thanks
    Groucho- thanks man. I really dug your new song too!

Sam- I just posted a mix with raised bass levels....more?

Thanks brotha.

Mike- See above for bass. Would you mind doing another bass check when you have a minute? I need to send this to somebody soon and I just can't get it right. If you're busy it's cool. Glad you liked the tune!

FLG- ya Bass shy...just posted a bass up mix. Might need more though. This mix is tough for some reason. Thank you Rick!

In a world full of chimpanzees I was a monkey
    Thanks
    ..........44%...........

be right back

Thread Information