"OPEN" (I can hear the guitar solo this time 8^)

Wow, what an awesome song...

I liked the intro, that phasey guiter.... cool....

Lyrics are cynically brilliant...

Vocals kinda remind me of Roger Waters meet Frank Zappa in a dark alley...

Lots of killer guitar work through out...

I love the guitar solo, it matches the song perfectly, nice and mean and to the point....

The vocal harmonizing at the end is totally cool and wraps the song up perfectly....

Another masterpiece dude...

:) ;)

Lot's of talent on this

Sounds good--a couple of suggestions to try. I don't know if they will help or hurt--some mixing changes.

One, a little more bass throughout. The drums are also just a bit thin--maybe a touch of effects of them to spread them just a bit(just a little).

The Chorus is great!, for the verse you might bring up the heavy metal just a bit. The vocals and the guitars are both presenting themselves in the verse. With that bodacious bass vocal behind the lead vocal and all of it coming out as a hammer along with the guitars it would really be powerful. You would also create more contrast in the sound between the chorus and verse.

Overall a great piece.

Thanks a lot guys. I think I'm gonna leave this alone until I either re-track the guitars or get a new amp. I'm gonna try fooling with my amp a bit because I have grown to HATE the sound I'm getting.

I gotta fly out for the weekend and I'm running late, so I'll get back to you guys Sunday night. I appreciate the feedback. Thanks for confirming that my guitar sound sucks. It was driving me mad, and all the mixing tricks in the world aren't going to save these tracks!

Have a great weekend guys! If you need me, I'll be casting Blue Winged Olives to rising Brook trout on the Kennebec River.

Peace
Tom

On this end the mix sounds MUCH better! You can really make out more of what is going on and the vocals are at a better level!

I Like It!

:D

Late to the party as usual. I musta been awol when the first mix was posted, so I can't compare and contrast.

Clean guits are yuuuummmy! Drew me in from the very start. Love the octave low vocs as support. Recording is clean, clean, clean. Great rock scream, I'd kill for that.

Vocals in the break at 2:45-2:48... are you using a harmonizer? Actually singing the low part? Is that BASS harmonizing with the vocs?! Some combination? WTF, that is very very cool.

Itty-bitty nit picks: a little bass shy, as some others have mentioned. Also, the very ending vocs at like 3:55 and 3:59-4:00 are crackling (distortion) just a tiny bit. This may have been intentional, not sure, but thought I'd point it out.

Overall: wow.

Hey PG...brought this back I see. There's a lot of work to bere- done on that tune and I'm just sick of it already. I appreciate your comments though. In answer to your questions, there are no harmonizers. I sing all of it naturally, and yes that is a bass. I actually improvised a vocal over the existing bass part and kept it. Then after my first post, I redid that vocal using a different voice tone.

As you noticed, I completely botched the low end on this during tracking. I need to redo the guitars and a few other things after a good break from it. Thanks for taking the time, PG, (and everyone else for that matter...)

Tom

Yeah, I'm backlogged big time. It's a catch-up day.

Break is good, totally understand getting burned out. Anyway, very cool stuff happening in there, I know it'll be even cooler when you're done. Just wanted to take the time and say I gave 'er a spin, and me likes.

Haul right off and just fuckin' whack me..........

cool lyrics man.....

I am a sucker for a love song....ya know? :D

I read all the original comments...
I thought the recording was very well done... mix is cool cept' for the drums .....they seem a tad weak in spots man...
what do I know though.....ya know?

I have a pal with a Mesa Boogie and it definitely kicks ass but, Marshall and Fender products have their own unique sounds and qualities...

Ever thought of picking up a a j-station or a POD?

Cool tunage man,
Joe :D

This is such a cool song. As I said the first time around (almost missed it this time), it is not usually my style, but I really love it now. I mean it may be one of my favorites now from you.

I hope you do go back to this and re-track for the bass concerns. I hear what people are saying. I wouldn't know where to start though. It could be the guitars, maybe a better bass sound.

Just wanted to pop in and say it rocked and was well worth the effort so far!

One note: I hear some crackling on the right side during that way cool ending. Is one of the right vocals distorting? Is it the mp3? Just checking.

Great work once again!

Thanks Skids...Yea, it's the track that's crackling. When I was mixing it, it just sounded like something rattling in my room because of the volume so I blew it off and figured someone would tell me if it was the track. And about 9 people did so there we have it. Much retracking to do on this one. Poor sound, but I'm glad I got all the ideas down. Cya man.

Tom

SLuiCe said:
Thanks Skids...Yea, it's the track that's crackling. ...figured someone would tell me if it was the track. And about 9 people did so there we have it
Tom

Did not mean to beat a dead horse! :( :D Sorry. I had not read the other posts.

Song still rocks!!!

Did not mean to beat a dead horse! Sorry. I had not read the other posts.

Ditto... well, I very quickly skimmed. Heheh... funny thing is when a recording is this good I assume "oh, he meant to do that. I wonder what plug-in he used to get that sound."

Weird song. Some cool stuff. Real powerful mix. Liked the guitar solo. Interesting, creepy sounding harmonies - many different approaches all within the same song. Good stuff.

I'm getting some barely audible crackling going on through the 1:30's. It's very faint, causing me to wonder if it's just me. Getting some more in the 2:20's. Is it an amp or clipping? It's always on the left side. I'm getting some clipping during the acapella part near the end on the right side (read skids post, good to know I'm not entirely crazy).

Good job as per you usual.

Solid! Great performance. Singing is great, and the screaming is great. I seem to recall a few pitch things in a couple earlier ones of yours I heard, but this one seems all good. The intro guitar is real nice playing, but I don't really like the effect, and the outro accapella thing, not sure about that. Those are my 2 little nits.

When ever I hear this sort of stuff, I always think my stuff seems really gay :). How come you and B.Sabbath don't form a band, and be huge?

Macle

Agree on the bass, good mix I like the clarity, I personaly like the guitar sound but I don't listen to this style too much so ... nice use of the flange effect ... I could never figure out how would one use it and here it is, nice ...

overall this is great work all around ... (not counting some lirical content :) )

cheers

Back