This one's pretty damn cool.... i promise

rudalicious

hey guys,

I just had a really great session today with a guy and this is just about the final copy. This is my 3rd or 4th experience in my new studio and im very pleased with the product. I'll most likely go back and make some final changes based on you all and if he wants to change anything. Any comments would be appreciated!

Rudy

Stellar, incredible, wild, I'm telling you Rudy, that was great.

Great song, great lyrics, great performances.

Great recording, great dynamics. I really like the vocalist, and the guitarist. That is a keeper.

The first time through, I thought I heard you run out of headroom near the end of the 2nd minute, but I played it through again and no problems.

Describe your studio. Was the session guy the percussionist?

Hey I live in Orange Co. too. I like the song, a really nice feel. Maybe bring up the percussion just a bit, but its fine like it is.

ya i was really proud of this... fun session and just really feeling great ... about 7 hours total. My friend and I did the percussion and the other guy did everything else.

as far as gear goes:

delta 1010
home studio 2002
i used a shure ksm 27 on his vocals which was the perfect mic. He tends to be a bit nasily(sp?) and that really rounded it off.

I had the privilege of using a baby bottle on the acoustic and the bongos. It made the gutiar really shine. I think that may acitally be my next mic purchase if i can get the cash.

We have a DMP3 pre running on all of the tracks... lets see. I think thats about it. I used a little bit of compression on the drums. My DBX 266 XL ... barely any though. Just to limit ia bit.

Im really looking forward to having him come in for the next session to see what we can crank out.

And slkeen I live in garden grove.

Well thanks for all the comments guys and ill be sure to post up the next track :)

Rudy

I like it - Clean & clear.

Seems like it could use a touch of width and air...

That being said, I just spent the last 12 hours making stuff sound "wide & airy" so I'm probably not the best judge at this point... :D But, I'm pretty sure... :rolleyes:

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

Back