One more re-do...

R

RAMI

Sorry, I don't mean to hog the airwaves here lately. I waited until one of my threads dropped off page one before posting this one.

I re-did the guitars and vocals as I'm doing with most of my tunes right now.
Some of you might be sick of this tune, I know I am, so don't feel obliged to check it out.

But if anyone does take the time, I'd like to know if the levels are good. I've lost perpective and one time the vocals sound too loud and the next time they sound buried. So let me know if I'm missing anything obvious....thanx.

(It should be the first tune that plays automatically, but sometimes the player mixes them up, so make sure you hear George Bush talking at the beginning)
IVORY TOWER

Sounds good, Rami.

Better detail on the guitar, easier to make out everything :)

Solo sounds cool on this one as well.

And George has never sounded better :D

Vox are sweet.

From all the remixes\re tracking you`ve done, I say all are improved noticably.

Once again a sweet job Rami :cool:

RAMI said:
they sound buried. So let me know if I'm missing anything obvious....thanx.

RAMI.....I think using all the effects with your voice like you are doing would make it impossible to have the voice right in the same place every second of your song. I like the different places you seem to spot the voices. Your not missing anything, the truth about the quality of your mix need not be based on asking for others to approve. Hell just pat yourself on the back and say well done dude. Sounds very organized to my ears.

PS:.........that guitar playing is sounding much fuller and your finding some good notes.

Choctaw......and what do I know, I'm just having fun.

Thanx alot guys...I' glad I can move on from this tune...I appreciate it. I'll take another listen tomorrow and it might sound fresh to me.

Choctaw, thanx dude, I'm just having fun too. By the way, I only have a ibt of reverb on my vocals and that's it. The doubling you hear is me singing another track.

Rock on!!!

Damn man...those vox are awesome. Guitars are sounding really good also. But man...your vox on this are crisp. They sit well. I think this remix is great man....you sure nailed it. :D

I,m listening on cans,and it sounds good.Love the way the vox come across,
and the bass and guitar are funky.
I know everyone hates bush and you want to say your thing,but I think the
lyric speaks for it self in a less obvious,and more creative manner than the
sampled speeches do.It is sort of distracting.
Anywho,I think it rocks man.

SHEPPARD, thanx alot for the listen and comments, man.

I'm undecided about the sound bytes for the exact reason you mentioned. I like things to be subtle and those clips sort of "tell" people what the song's about as opposed to making them listen and get whatever they feel out of it. That's the reason I put them in places where there's no music, so I can easily do a version without them.

Thnax again.

RAMI said:
I like things to be subtle and those clips sort of "tell" people what the song's about as opposed to making them listen and get whatever they feel out of it. Thnax again.
You dont have to be made to listen to a good tune.A good tune(like this one)pulls you in and makes you not think so much as feel.
I think that the speech sections deny the intellegent listener,the chance to
be an intelligent listener.That is just my 2.,I really like either way.

SHEPPARDB. said:
You dont have to be made to listen to a good tune.A good tune(like this one)pulls you in and makes you not think so much as feel.
I think that the speech sections deny the intellegent listener,the chance to
be an intelligent listener.That is just my 2.,I really like either way.
What I meant was, I agree with you. I don't want to tell people what to get from it. That's why I'm un-decided about that part and will probably take it out when I put the tune on a CD. Thanx dude

Hi RAMI!! I like the new version better than the original. Especially the vocals. It is really hard for me to concentrate writing this, as Dirty Waters just came on!! :D

Everything has a more defined presence to it.

You just screamed!! I love that! (Dirty Waters)

What pre-amp are you using RAMI?

True :) :) :) :)

Hi True...I'm using my new Focusrite. I'm re-doing all the guitars and vocals with it. Can't wait to start a tune from scratch and use it on bass and kik and/or snare.

Looks like I can never take "Dirty Water" off my page or I'll lose a friend...:)

RAMI said:
Hi True...I'm using my new Focusrite. I'm re-doing all the guitars and vocals with it. Can't wait to start a tune from scratch and use it on bass and kik and/or snare.

Looks like I can never take "Dirty Water" off my page or I'll lose a friend...:)
I can hear a difference. Good Pre.
LOL!!! I just downloaded it to make sure if ya did, I would have it!!! I will burn it to a CD along with some other great tunes out of the mp3 clinic. You guys are my Idols. I just keep falling in love over and over again!! :D :D :D

RAMI said:
Sorry, I don't mean to hog the airwaves here lately. I waited until one of my threads dropped off page one before posting this one.

I re-did the guitars and vocals as I'm doing with most of my tunes right now.
Some of you might be sick of this tune, I know I am, so don't feel obliged to check it out.

But if anyone does take the time, I'd like to know if the levels are good. I've lost perpective and one time the vocals sound too loud and the next time they sound buried. So let me know if I'm missing anything obvious....thanx.

(It should be the first tune that plays automatically, but sometimes the player mixes them up, so make sure you hear George Bush talking at the beginning)
IVORY TOWER

Hey RAMI,

The vocals on my system are definitely not buried!..If anything, I think once again the guitars could come up in volume, but I said that about your last tune "Dirty Water". Maybe my system isn't letting enough guitar through!!! :D :D ......I am a guitarist after all, so I like to hear the guitar driving!

This tune is fine..well done once again RAMI... :) :)

Great work RAMI. This tune has a message, balance, clarity, much more, and it translates well. I'd keep the clips because they are a strong part of the message.IMHO

Note to self: RAMI moves up another rung in the ladder. Damn his shit is sounding fine!

Gorty said:
Two Friends.... :D :D :D
If I ever decide to make my dowloads pay-per, I'll make sure I lay you onto some inseider trading so you can get them for free first....That's just the kind of persn I am...My mother always told me I was special. :)

NYMorningstar said:
Great work RAMI. This tune has a message, balance, clarity, much more, and it translates well. I'd keep the clips because they are a strong part of the message.IMHO

Note to self: RAMI moves up another rung in the ladder. Damn his shit is sounding fine!
Thanx alot NY....Yeah, I can see SHEPPARD's point about taking them out and letting the song stand on it's own. But I still get a chuckle every time I hear George talk about humans and fish...:)))

RAMI said:
If I ever decide to make my dowloads pay-per, I'll make sure I lay you onto some inseider trading so you can get them for free first....That's just the kind of persn I am...My mother always told me I was special. :)

You're special alright RAMI................... :D :D :D :p

Back