One for the masses Hopefully not!

bring the vocals up.....i KNOW...you think they are loud enough...lol...but YOU know what is being said...:D:D

"i just got laid off now im finally free"...see i can hear that and i love it..!!..ok ...the stream just pooped out ill be back after the download.....damnit..

j

you're right Jamal, they do seem loud to me ....I can bring them up a little bit, but they would be getting close to hitting in the red zone. should I just bring everything else down? I love the stuff you have done with cat eggs and I'm listening to ya man!!
Jason

going to turn up the vocals now.....

Sounds kinda 80's. Hope that's OK!! ;) Interesting tune. No real discernable melody. What kind of guitar/amp combo are you using? It sounds nice and big.

ok ...very cool vibe ...l ike the spoken word aspect to it...very cool!!..."dwight ! take it baby take it!!"....dwight ..i love that guy...

ever heard of "suicidal tendencies"....??..look em up..

ok heres my take ..on a song where the music is really repetative like this (i like it btw)...the drums should be more stoic...less cymbal crashing more holding the beat together...try to sound like a drum machine...make sense?..the MAIN focal point of this song is the kooky vocal...help make that stand out!...and maybe have dwight play through a few times before you record him....lol...a TOTALLY HEAVY METAL guitar break would really make this cooler....to me anyway..and after all werent you just WAITING for me to tell you what i thought ?!?!?!:D:D

jamal

well, the way it started out was a midi file that aaron made. he duplicated all of the parts on the guitar, he has one of the cheap fenders that come in a strat pack, and was playing through my fender pro reverb amp. we used a fernandes bass guitar, and fender bassman 100 amp. all of the guitars were mic'd with a sm 57. the vocals were done with a sure ksm 44 . the drums were done with the sm 57 on the bass, and two oktava 012's overhead. I like ST and have a few of there albums....the first time, he tried singing the whole thing, and then we tried the talking through it, just babbling about work stuff....Dwight was goofing around trying to figure out something....and we just cut a section that sounded best and inserted it into the song....he had already left. Thanks for your opinions....Jamal, i was waiting for you!!

I'll keep at it.....

if your the subject of this song, that sux dude.. hang in there..

I think you should use a dryer vocal sound and lower the cymbals.. also, I wouldn't fully pan the rhythm guitars because it leaves too big of a hole in the middle.. maybe bring them a little closer to the center, or add a third up the middle.. cool song! keep at it!

thanks for all of your comments.
B. Sabbath, I was not the subject of the song, this time. thank goodness....Of course it would free up more practice time! I think I do have the guitars panned 90 % left and right....what would you recomend? I'll tone the cymbols down and work on the vocals more....thanks for the tips. I dig all your stuff!!
Jason

Vox needs major overhaul.Song is so-so...funny yet disturbing in a cosmic sorta way.BTW do you work for Verizon?

W.i.s.c. - No, I work for Micron

I kind of think the vocals are the best part of the song. I'm going to readjust the chorus effect. Is that what you're referring too?
thanks for the input though...
jason

Kinda' like David Bryne meets Spinal Tap. (The solo is where the Spinal Tap came in). I'm filing this one under "artistic license," b/c I think the mix is pretty decent.

Dwight's got some timing issues...well, and you REALLY oughtta' tell him what key the tune's in, lol.

RED ALARM.

Pursue your vision always, and don't take anything said by some dick like me on a BBS too seriously.

Chris,
thanks for listening...I was kind of thinking that you were boycotting me after the wasted rock ranger song!! LOL
The fact that you say the mix is decent is great. I'm hoping you can tell me how to improve it. Dwight didn't even know he was going to be a part of that song...he was playing along with the midi version....we bastardized it and tried to fit it in as best we could. Aaron hasn't got to a solo level of playing yet. My hope is that I can post it and i can learn how to make the mix quality improve. the musicianship will improve naturally, I hope, . I'm just trying to learn how to record well, and put out a professional sounding song. EQ tips, what kinds of effects to use , how do i get that nice loud signal???? that's the kind of info I'm hoping for....I'll shut up now....
Jason

I like the presence on the vocals, maybe turn em up some more and feature them. That crash is just a bit abrasive at that level. If you were to bring the presence on the guitars out a little more like on the vocals I think it would sound real nice.

Back