Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: One for the masses Hopefully not!

Thanks

One for the masses Hopefully not!

Sign in to disable this ad
    hi all, in an effort to keep improving. we made another song, a little longer this time. The last one, I am Not, did not generate very much feedback. We're not the greatest musicians, but we are trying to get a good sounding turd, if you will. So, please give it a listen, and tell me what you think. thanks,
    Jason

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/...d=2169&alid=-1

Thanks

sorry , it's called I just got laid off

forgot the title....

Thanks
    bring the vocals up.....i KNOW...you think they are loud enough...lol...but YOU know what is being said...

"i just got laid off now im finally free"...see i can hear that and i love it..!!..ok ...the stream just pooped out ill be back after the download.....damnit..

j

Thanks
    you're right Jamal, they do seem loud to me ....I can bring them up a little bit, but they would be getting close to hitting in the red zone. should I just bring everything else down? I love the stuff you have done with cat eggs and I'm listening to ya man!!
    Jason

going to turn up the vocals now.....

Thanks
    Sounds kinda 80's. Hope that's OK!! Interesting tune. No real discernable melody. What kind of guitar/amp combo are you using? It sounds nice and big.
    [url=http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=3232&alid=-1]Here are some of my tunes. Good for a laugh![/url]

Thanks
    ok ...very cool vibe ...l ike the spoken word aspect to it...very cool!!..."dwight ! take it baby take it!!"....dwight ..i love that guy...

ever heard of "suicidal tendencies"....??..look em up..

ok heres my take ..on a song where the music is really repetative like this (i like it btw)...the drums should be more stoic...less cymbal crashing more holding the beat together...try to sound like a drum machine...make sense?..the MAIN focal point of this song is the kooky vocal...help make that stand out!...and maybe have dwight play through a few times before you record him....lol...a TOTALLY HEAVY METAL guitar break would really make this cooler....to me anyway..and after all werent you just WAITING for me to tell you what i thought ?!?!?!

jamal

Thanks
    well, the way it started out was a midi file that aaron made. he duplicated all of the parts on the guitar, he has one of the cheap fenders that come in a strat pack, and was playing through my fender pro reverb amp. we used a fernandes bass guitar, and fender bassman 100 amp. all of the guitars were mic'd with a sm 57. the vocals were done with a sure ksm 44 . the drums were done with the sm 57 on the bass, and two oktava 012's overhead. I like ST and have a few of there albums....the first time, he tried singing the whole thing, and then we tried the talking through it, just babbling about work stuff....Dwight was goofing around trying to figure out something....and we just cut a section that sounded best and inserted it into the song....he had already left. Thanks for your opinions....Jamal, i was waiting for you!!

I'll keep at it.....

Thanks
    if your the subject of this song, that sux dude.. hang in there..

I think you should use a dryer vocal sound and lower the cymbals.. also, I wouldn't fully pan the rhythm guitars because it leaves too big of a hole in the middle.. maybe bring them a little closer to the center, or add a third up the middle.. cool song! keep at it!

Thanks
    thanks for all of your comments.
    B. Sabbath, I was not the subject of the song, this time. thank goodness....Of course it would free up more practice time! I think I do have the guitars panned 90 % left and right....what would you recomend? I'll tone the cymbols down and work on the vocals more....thanks for the tips. I dig all your stuff!!
    Jason

Thanks
    Vox needs major overhaul.Song is so-so...funny yet disturbing in a cosmic sorta way.BTW do you work for Verizon?
    My Meat Has Worms...

Thread Information