One for Kelly and all you other d00ds

Meshuggah

I'll pull a classic move: Pop up out of nowhere and post an mp3 and demand all your in depth opinions about it.

I'll give S8-N your address if you don't like it.. :D

TIA - MEsh

Sorry to inform ya... But kelly ain't here all that much anymore... :(

But I'll tell him you dropped by.

Listen to yer tune. I like it.

So,ething about the vocals bothers me. Maybe smoothen them out with EQ? They are too upfront. Get some mids out.
(And they's out of tune sometimes! backing vocals too. just a tad of autotune maybe? :p ;) )

I like the heavy sustain guitarline all thru the song. Gives kindof of a sustained kindof a feel. Delay on vocals helps too there. (my recording bud would kill me if I did that. He hates delay. Truely hates them... hehe :D )

pretty frickin awesome tune, Mesh-dude......i think the different guitar parts get a little too busy and step on the vocal a bit......other than that, the recording, the arrangement, the playing, everything else is just killer......

do you still hang out drunk on the MSN Messenger?.....

miss ya around here.....

Mike

Cool Song-I think the vocals could come up some.--Doah just read where Roel thinks they should come down lol. Nice guitar playing-I liked the distorted single note line-slide?? You're definetely getting alot out of some simple chord progressions and making them your own--I like it! keep them coming!

Meshuggah,

I really liked the arrangment and flow of your tune. I fully dug on the bass tone. It stuck out in a nice envious way:)

The vocals were kinda dry and mundane IMO. I think they could use some sparkle via verb and eq on the high end of things.....

On the last build, maybe introduce a new and prominent element to the mix. A bolder lead git or hard back up vox.....something to catch the ear again.

Very solid tune as it is.
Hope that helped some

Peace,

Theron.

I like the acoustic (piezo?) sound.

The whole mix sounds fresh in a certain way. No midrange buildup.

Its a nice song overall, even though I was searching for a hook that would stick.

Funk on!

Cool tune,havn't seen you around in a while,nice to hear your stuff again!

I dug the tremelo guitar, all the guitars sound great!
Vocals are cool,reminds me of Elvis Costello.

Bass and drum have a good warm tone.

I really enjoyed it.

Best to you,
pete

Thanks everyone for listening, and thx for all the kind words..

Most of the vocals will be redone, as they're out of tune and so on in this recording.. So it's still to be decided how "up front" they'll be..

The accoustic is two 012's with omni-heads (brain-fart.. meant to use the cards)

Next time, we'll add some keyboards and backing vox to it... I'll keep you posted..

Heya guys! WHASSAP Mesh?!!

:D

Listening to your song for the first time "at volume" (i've been having to keep turned down at work, what with folks in other cubicles), I have this to comment...

1) Fret buzz. Something was a bit "off" at that intro verse, and I think it's the fret buzz that really raises this mental flag (great sound on the accompianing melodic electric, btw). Maybe a bit more level in the vox?

2) Good guitar tones in the next phrase (with the layered electrics), but that beginning electric needs a complimentary layer, whether supplied by a double-effect or perhaps the acoustic making a final phrase with the electrics...

3) The vox needs more "deep presence." I have no idea where you'd really boost it... maybe just getting him closer to the mic would provide it?

4) Outta pocket at 1:04, at the kick/bass re-emergent phrase (too early). Just a thought. Maybe a cascading drop (varying pockets on each instrument combining for a "cascading" attack).?

5) 0:53 => 1:04 syncopate the implied double kick hit (that is currently a signle hit). I think it's been made like that to imply the buildup, but that phrase needs to declare the syncopation in that phrase (it changes to the bridge in a bit in any case, so it'll lend "difference" to that bridge, which will resolve in the syncopated kick phrase you reintroduce later (at 2:14)).

6) Great vox, effects wise... but the dry portions at 2:03==> really break the feel of the song, IMHO. It's too similar in tone to the other vocal phrases that it implies that the lyrics are just not as important as the otherly-effects-ed vox (including the double vox, which is great, btw).

7) Listen @~ 3:15. The drum delay... might be early drum hits, dunno...

8) @4:01, more bass to ride above the drum, perhaps dropping to your level after the splash/crash dies down a bit... and maybe some more bass at the end to level 'er out (seems bit of an abrupt end).

9) Thinking... thinking... thinking... the bridge (0:47), with the two guitar hits, might benefit from a dose of delay (spaced as far as those two hits are spaced), and really slammed......... then let those delays and the guitars themselves drop out as the next verse approaches. @ 1:24, that "bang" in volume there? maybe use that as a reference as to how much "pow" you get from the delayed guitars at :47? (volume wise)...

Okay, that's my 2c... great mix, btw... supah!... uhm, sorry it took a while to get to it "for real," but GF moving out, etc... you know...

:(

:D

Back