One for the hillbillies out there

MC Gitarz

I was test driving an old Fender Allegro banjo this weekend - think I'll keep it. This mix maybe needs a little help. I added rhythm mandloin for the very first time - ran it straight up the middle. But it wasn't easy getting Gtr, Banjo, Mando, bass and three voices spaced sonically. Advice accepted graciously. (well at least I'll accept it.)

http://www.nowhereradio.com/MCGitarz/singles
"I'll Never Say I'm Sorry Again"

Thanks
MC

Gotta get back to the old 4-track posts - some really cookin' stuff out there!

MC

this is gonna cook bigtime, but I think we need MORE mandolin
or mondo mando:) if you will.
I'm not technical enough to tell you exactly how to mix but I'm
sure you will get what you need here.

Till next post JETHRO:D

Thanks, Jethro!
I'm not a mando player - actually, the guy who's selling the banjo wants me to buy the mandolin, too. But it's a real loser axe. My fingers are toast! I had to bury some of the "thuds" caused by my fingers not connecting with the fretboard. The good news is, my wife liked it so much she wants to buy me a good one!! What a sweetheart! Think I'll keep her! (She wants another bike - titanium - I can buy six mandolins for one of those!)
I'm not happy with the rhy gtr part - I can't understand it. I used the same mic, same placement but I can't get the tone -weird. Seems a little tinny and clashes with the mando. I dunno. I'll work on it this week. Thanks for listening!! Very much appreciate it!!
MC (Homer)

Back