old tune, brand new recording - "Not That Bad"

Oh wait ... I think I get it now. Are you saying that you don't like their later stuff, and you're running away because people are going to hurt you for saying that? :)

bang on !!! ran away before the mob gets here with the pitchforks ... and anal things :S

my mate loved everything about the beatles,crammed it down my ears many times ... he yellow submarined my arse to death,i blame him for later beatle madness (mind you,if it wasn't for him id never have heard Tomorrow Never Knows) ... don't like bob marley either (thanks X girlfriend) and that bloody alice cooper poison album :( :( :(

I really just enjoyed listening. I thought it sounded great. awesome drum sounds. like I said on the last song of yours I reveiwed, the drums are beautiful! fantastic tune, performance, recording, and mix!

Sounds pretty damn good to me man. Could scoop a little bit of lows out of that snare, it booms a little.

Nice low end to the whole mix, I'm a fan of a solid low end. I like the synths!

Cool song dude. No problems with the synths, and I'm not a real synth person. All sounds pretty good to me, mix-wise but I'm listening at work on headphones so I'll leave the mix-nits to others.

Really well done.:thumbs up:

Okay, maybe I got something. The bass is getting a bit lost on the small Avantone speaker. It's there through the regular monitors, though. Worth tweaking for the sake of the earbud listeners? I can see myself listening to this on earbuds.

The snare & HH seem a little distant though not quiet.
The vocal isn't far enough forward in the verse or chorus - the stuff happening on the hard panned extremes seem to have more dominance. Maybe the hard panning (well it seems that way) give them that power.
Around 1.22 has great vocal level inside the arrangement.

Damn ... this one fell off my radar too:

Jimistone: Thanks so much for the kind words. Yeah I dug the drum sound on this one too. :)

Tadpui: Good point on the snare. Thanks for the comments!

Armistice: Thanks for the listen!

RFR: Right on. :)

Dobro: I agree with you on the bass. I'm looking into that. I hate earbuds, so I hate referencing on them (unless you're using it as a term for headphones in general), but I know many people use them, so I guess I need to get with it. :)

rayc: Thanks for the detailed comments. There's a lot going on in the chorus, so levels were hard to manage for sure.

Back