Old Glory

Not a bad recording at all. It seems pretty listenable right now. I'll offer a few suggestions...

The vocals seem fairly UP in the mix (as opposed to 99.99% of other songs around here where they're too low). But I thought you could probably pull them back a bit.

Your mom has a very clear singing voice and was spot on everywhere. I saw on the meters that there's a lot of energy in the vocals at around 2500hz. You might warm them up a bit with a little EQ cut around there.

If you could get your mom to do a three part harmony in the chorus I think it would bring some more life to the song.

Little pops at :43 and 1:33.

Was that a guitar mistake at 1:42? Sounded like it.

Anyway, just thoughts. Good job.

Thanks a lot for listening to my song, and your comments helped. I did cut some frequencies where you mentioned and I think that helped bring the level of the vocal down. The pops were from the mp3 conversion.

I think with a little with a little more consistent volume on the rythymn guitar and add a little volume to the drums, you`d be able to give them a really nice recording. Your mother has a beautiful voice.

I think the vocals sound better now. I still think they're just a bit high in the mix. I'd say to pull them back just a nudge.

I didn't hear any pops this time. I didn't hear whatever guitar mistake I thought I heard before. I think you just took it out?

Anyway, it seems better now. Good job.

Back