OK!!! Tried the BLUES!!! Did I blow it?

mshea

OK. Had a spurt of inginuity and came up with...
the 'DotCom Blues'.

Dot Com Blues

I have ONE BAD PATCH at 3:52. But other than that....TEAR IT UP!!!! I think it's HILARIOUS!

I'm sure all of you/us computer geeks will especially enjoy it! Plus. I have it classified as 'blues vocals'. Should I change it to something else? All input helpful. All previous comments and posts have been sooooooooooo helpful!!! THANK YOU!!!

Seem to be on a productivity KICK! WOO HOO!!! Also made some 'movie music'. Will have it rip roaring and ready to go soon. This is great. I've got a Urban/Hip Hop song, a blues song, an alternative song, a smooth jazz song, and movie music...just writing my a$$ off. Don't y'all LOVE it when the muse HITS ya like that!!??!!:cool:

Heh Heh Heh..... Sounds like you hit the mark to me :0) Blues is my native language though I don't speak it much anymore. Its got all the basics, walking bass, clean guitars and nice beat. The Voice is..well...its like a smoothie, soft cool without that nasty harshness often found in delta blues from drinking draino and smoking anything that keeps an amber going. See if you can have Bob Rivers's Twisted Radio give it a listen, KISW radio station in Seattle used to host a show for him, and Bob has quite a range of things he likes, you never know what might happen, My friend Jim won Tickets to a concert for a Song called "Bumper to Bumper Blues". I could listen to more but..its bedtime...

Peace,
Dennis

A couple of thoughts after I listened to your blues.

I think the mix would improve if you panned that guitar Left or Right and got it away from the vox. I also think the guitar is clipping a bit.
Pan the keys on the opposite side of the git and hear how that sounds. It might help to broaden the mix.

To this ear, it all seems right down the middle.

The tracks and the playing sound great.
I'm sure you already know that you've a sultry and pure voice.

Sexy song, solid tracks and needy mixing.

But, what do I know.

I was happy that I chose to listen.

Peace,
Theron.

I love it.

I would say it in french, but I cant speak french. Anyone want to help me out.

This is my favorite track of your to date. The vocals fit especially well with the style of song. I love the playing. Who are those guys playing.

There seems to be a chocolatey veil over the mix.

Good job.

Hmmmm??? Maybe I should try Blues more often

Thank you ALL for your input. In answer to Cyan Jaguar. The Bass line was created and played by Aaron Bobby Campbell (currently in Los Angeles) WAAAAAHHHH!!!!

The Guitar line was created and played by my dear friend Jason Whilming (formerly played with Stephanie King...BB's Daughter) He unfortunately had to move back to Kansas City and it's a REALLY BIG BLOW.

Has anyone ever just run into other musicians, wandered into a space...any space and had INSTANT creativity!!! I mean...if you left us in a room together with gadgets and instruments we'd come up with a song every 30 mins. One hell of a creative team. And he was the type of guitarist who would and could play ANYTHING!!! Jazz, Blues, Metal, Rock, PUNK, reggae, Funk, etc...the list went on and on. He's a gifted player and my age...25 now...can't wait to hear him when he's 50!!! I miss him. :(

I am now left musician less. It sucks when you're 'nobody' because you always lose the best musical buddies to 'paying gigs' in other cities. Lost a prodigious saxophone player named Aaron West to Keanu Reeves band...Dog Star. GRRRR!!! Go Keanu go...and congratulations Aaron.

I found blues to be the 'easiest' and most enjoyable for me to sing...although me being the happy person that I am found it REALLY hard to be blue enough to write 'real' blues. I'm a graphic designer and figured the only thing that bums me out big time is a major computer crash...so dot com blues arose. It was actually a joke. I had never sung blues before and asked Jason for blues line....the rest is history.

In response to the Seattle 'funny guy radio show'. I'd love to submit it!!! Can I get MORE information from you concerning it??!!?? That'd be way cool. I don't care about 'cool things to get', but if more people will laugh as hard as I do over this one...it'll make my DAY!!!

And...you are right. The song is fairly 'straight down the middle' a one take, barely cleaned up wonder before my musicians left town. :( (never to return) DAMN CHICAGO!!! (Both complained of the horrid winters and didn't feel like dealing with any more of them).

Hey try this link and email their staff, and see if they take submissions for new material. I would think since Seattle is like the center of collapsing dot com universe that it would have some sort of local relavence. Good luck, and Keep up the good work.
http://www.twistedradio.com/

Peace,
Dennis

THANKS!!!

Hey Atomic!!! I'm heading over there RIGHT NOW!!! WOO HOO!

Listen to THIS ALL!!! I know it's a small fish in a really big pond...but I've gotta toot my horn!!!

DotCom Blues is #45 on the MP3.com Blues Vocal Chart on Day TWO!!!

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!:D

OOOOHHH!!!!

Sounds GREAT!!! Man. I repeat. It really is/are the little things that make a huge difference. I mean. MP3.com's not billboard or anything, but I ONLY put that page up so I could do what I'm doing now...sharing my music with others to LEARN more. Didn't think OTHER people (other than us recording junkies) would actually listen too. Hmmmm?

wow

You have an incredible voice... I've just downloaded all the songs on the website. I'm really impressed.

Oh, and the musicians on the dot com blues. Very talented. The whole track definately has a smooth pro sound to it.

just my 0.000005cents

Rochey

Thanks Rochey

I've been so timid with my vocals for so many years and all I've received from the HomeRecording locals are words of encouragement. I've used that support, and have posted my newest song 'Memory Lullabied' for review. It's the FIRST song I've actually 'belted out' a note in and didn't try to hide it UNDER something else. Please check it out. I'm so glad you enjoyed. It makes me feel good.

Okay, this song is a winner! :)

Well written, well sung, nicely performed.

The bass is smooth and silky and the guitar has a nice clear tone that works just fine for this song.

I would bring the guitar up just a bit and the drums down just slightly.... the snare dominates, especially when it builds for the chord change.

I heard a punch-in or something on the vocal between 3:50 and 4:00 minutes... or maybe it was something else, no biggie.

Anyway, this song would sound great with some harmonica and lead guitar. Ummmm... I could do that for you, if you'd like? :)

Buck

Great voice.

I play blues around Italy, and i was looking for a vocalist ... :-)))

I will post some of our blues sometime... The AOL thing is hilarious.....

(BTW downloaded all the other songs.... Damn nice !)

mshea,
I like it! Great originality on the lyrics -- I like the way you use the word "Yahoo" in there.
I also agree that the guitar needs to be panned away from the center.
It's too bad those musicians are gone -- I would like to hear the song build up a little more during the last few vocal sections (maybe some horn riffs in between vocal lines). I also would love to hear a great sax solo (even a decent sax sound on keyboard)at the end when the vocal drops out.
Nice tune, it made me smile. :)

leahkim

Back