Ok, here is a more recent project.

Fishmed

Here is a project that I did last summer. The band is called Soul Power and the two songs posted here are called "County Line" and "Blue Carpet Blues". These songs were produced for one to fall behind the other on their CD.

---------------------

---------------------
Enjoy!

[This message has been edited by Fishmed (edited 02-10-2000).]

That Blue Carpet Blues was acceptable stuff but didn't really have that edge that the blues need. If I knew what to change in that piece to give it said edge, I'd probably be playing local blues bars. If you have a chance to check out a band called the Walter Trout Band (they're locals to me, but mostly play European/ Australian gigs) do it....
The first one was unavailable according to JustOn. Check the file status to make sure that you have made it public.

Programs? We don't need no stinking programs!
Dude, you should be making your money recording bands... another good sounding project, better than the first post, (although I like the music better on the first project.)
Anyway, I feel that the mix could have sounded "bluesier/grittier" and more "in yer face" with a different reverb - just a light wash for shimmer - but that's just a matter of taste - excellent job.

Oh, and I really liked the kick drum sound - a more "natural" punch than you get with some recordings.

I have the "County Line" link working now.

These guys are a southern rock band more than anything else. "Blue Carpet Blues" was mixed to blend with their other songs. The song kina of reminds me of ZZ Top. If you liten to "County Line", you may get a better feel for this band's sound.

FYI: I sould be getting a REAL blues player in the next couple months to do a few songs, and maybe he will throw in a blue grass tune.

Fishmed, I listed to the Blue Carpet Blues. My first impression was that I like the drums. I would like to have had a little more "snap" to the snare, but that's just my personal preference...they sound great. Since we had talked in another forum about those Sennheiser E-604's I was wondering if you used them on this tune?

CMiller: No I used AKG C418 on the toms, EV RE27 on the kick, (2) Shure BG4.1 on the overheads, SM57 on the snare. I usually use an AKG D112 on the kick, but the kick drum we used did not have a hole for the mic, so I placed the mic on the back towards the beater. It kind of gave it that marching band bass drum sound to it; not much definition, but more of a good low thump.

After a couple projects with the AKG C418 on toms, I was unhappy with the tones it produced, and that is why I went with the Sennheiser E-604's for the toms. I moved two of the C418s to the overhead position and traded two of my BG4.1 for an amp. My future projects will have much better drum sounds.

[This message has been edited by Fishmed (edited 02-10-2000).]

Back