Oil check

Very cool tune and good playing. Only a few things that stick out to me is the vocal is a little low in the mix and also the drums. The lead guitar kind of overpowers the vocal when they're both up. I thought I could hear some distortion when the chorus part came in (the Rebel Yell parts) but I looked at it in an editor and it's definately not hitting the top and when I zoomed in I couldn't see any square waves so I'm not sure what I'm hearing. Again, great tune my friend.

It rocks! Good work. My dog is running around looking for where the barking is coming from.
I see what Track Rat is talking about with distortion. It sounds to me like you could have used less distortion on the electric guitar and still got a plenty dirty sound. Maybe that's what did it to the chorus.

besides what Track Rat mentioned, this song rocks! Although the song itself isn't awfully complicated, the arrangments are real great. Good recording also.

AL

Spicing up the forum are ya?Nice effort,sound effects in beginig are cool.Not my kinda music but well executed:)

You're one of my favorites here, no doubt.

What are you using for drums?

Okay, for the nits

The lead @ 1:50 is too loud, and it's walking on the vocal starting at 2:59. There's a pretty dramatic drop in the overall volume of the track when that guitar cuts out, so you might look at that.

Diggin' the wah, though.

[edit] - sorry I spaced on the PM

I guess I'm the only one who was expecting the Billy Idol song.. :)

like the tune man! some of the leads are a bit too loud, and some of the vocals are a bit too low.. I would raise the vocals and lower the leads so they are the same volume as the vox.. Those are my biggest complaints..

lots of good classic sounding rock in this.. 70's ish Bad Company vibe.. very cool song with great vocals, but it definitely needs a remix..

are the dog sounds real or samples?

Track Rat said:
Very cool tune and good playing. Only a few things that stick out to me is the vocal is a little low in the mix and also the drums. The lead guitar kind of overpowers the vocal when they're both up. I thought I could hear some distortion when the chorus part came in (the Rebel Yell parts) but I looked at it in an editor and it's definately not hitting the top and when I zoomed in I couldn't see any square waves so I'm not sure what I'm hearing. Again, great tune my friend.

Thanks Track...huh? I figured the vocals were to loud still. I kept pulling them down each mix and still thought they were to hot. Yeah the drums are a little low. I think the "distortion" on the vocals were due to this art preamp maybe, I'll need to re-cut them I guess..dammit:D ..Thanks Track Rat.

fprod south said:
It rocks! Good work. My dog is running around looking for where the barking is coming from.
I see what Track Rat is talking about with distortion. It sounds to me like you could have used less distortion on the electric guitar and still got a plenty dirty sound. Maybe that's what did it to the chorus.

Yeah, I agree about the distortion...it's kinda like "reverb' a little goes along way. Thanks for checking it out man.

A1A2 said:
besides what Track Rat mentioned, this song rocks! Although the song itself isn't awfully complicated, the arrangments are real great. Good recording also.

AL

I dont know man, it was pretty complicated for an amature like me to pull off:) . Thanks for listening Al.

W.I.S.C. said:
Spicing up the forum are ya?Nice effort,sound effects in beginig are cool.Not my kinda music but well executed:)

Yep that's me Mr. Spice hehe! Thanks for checking it out and the comments dude.

chrisharris said:
You're one of my favorites here, no doubt.

What are you using for drums?

Okay, for the nits

The lead @ 1:50 is too loud, and it's walking on the vocal starting at 2:59. There's a pretty dramatic drop in the overall volume of the track when that guitar cuts out, so you might look at that.

Diggin' the wah, though.

[edit] - sorry I spaced on the PM

"What are you using for drums?" Alesis D4:(

Yeah, I thought the lead was some what over bearing my self after listening again this morning. Man that "drop out", the other ten or twelve mixes prior to that one I fadded the guitar just right. Then on the last mix I fuckin forgot all about it:rolleyes: .

Hey dont worry about that other mix...it's worse than this one LOL! Thanks Chris

B.SABBATH said:
I guess I'm the only one who was expecting the Billy Idol song.. :)

like the tune man! some of the leads are a bit too loud, and some of the vocals are a bit too low.. I would raise the vocals and lower the leads so they are the same volume as the vox.. Those are my biggest complaints..

lots of good classic sounding rock in this.. 70's ish Bad Company vibe.. very cool song with great vocals, but it definitely needs a remix..

are the dog sounds real or samples?

Yep, I guess the title could throw you off:D . I'm gonna work on this thing tomorrow man and try and re-post, my ears are still ringing right now though. The dog's are real, while I was cutting this track at my buddies little studio they were rasing hell out back, so I said hey what the hell:D . All four of them died two weeks later though..from parvo(sp)? Thanks for the check up!

cool intro.....
great guitar work..man thats nice. Now see with your voice you can say stuff like "mamma" when i say shit like that i just sound stupid. this is a really cool . i dont remember hearing it before tho?..the drums are a bit low level wise..but i play drums so maybe im not a good judge.good job programming none the less.at around2:40 or so that second git part that comes in is suweeeeet.!.vocals are pretty damn good too.got that "lynard skynard whiskey stinkin " quality to em.nice work...nice sustain mr. hendrix..lol...wow....i keep thinkin its over and then another guitar fill.....and another ...and another....but hell if it sounds that good keep em coming.

very nice work pardner

jamal

Cool tune david!I think the distortion on the guitar is perfect for southern rock.Sabbath mentioned Bad Company earlier in this thread and that was Skynyrds favorite band.Ronnie Van Zant named his Bass Boat "Bad Company".Oh yeah,the guitar tone is EXCELLENT.A lot of people forget that the majority of southern rock is balls to the wall distorted guitars that scream and crunch.

The song itself and the vocals(especially the verses) sound a lot like The Marshall Tucker Band.The lead guitars are a lot like Blackfoot and Skynyrd.

I dig it man.You did a nice job on this one.

Well I like it, specifically I like the rawness of it and hence I dont mind the distortion either. It doesn't sound like "bad" distortion to my ears anyway, maybe i'm hearing something else :p Vocals are a bit quiet, as are the drums. The solo guitar has that "big stack cranked to 10" sound........love that too :D what was that? what amp/mic/geetar/placement etc?

Anyhoo sounds good mate :)

yep, bring the vocals and drums up to the lead guitars level......

damn good song, EXCELLENT playing......

if ya recut the vocal, save a copy of that one....you may not get the same vibe going again and a little distortion never killed anyone......

awesome job.....im sending you 7.55 cents so I can burn this one:D

the dogs are a nice touch.......

The dogs just fit.

Jeez, you're dangerous with an axe in hand. This has swampy South all through it. Great vocals, distortion or not!

this make's me want to sit on the back porch, pop the lid off a big ole mason jar of "shine", and get toasty!!!!!! excellent tune, man!! loved the dog's!!!!!

thank's man

peace

Rick

Attachments

• whatyourdogdoeswhenyoure.jpg
    whatyourdogdoeswhenyoure.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 89
I too, was expecting the Billy Idol song. This is very cool..........I don't think the distortion is a major problem......it sort of fits the song.............good guitar work.............good vocals............bass is a little lite and the guitar at about 2 minutes is too loud. Definitely has a good feel to it, captures that southern-rock vibe perfectly.

Back