Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Oil check

Thanks

Oil check

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hey guys. Ears are way fried, any help with this mix would be much appreciated. Btw, this was posted a while back but i've pulled some things and added a few. Last one on the page, *Rebel Yell* http://www.nowhereradio.com/david/singles

Thanks
    Very cool tune and good playing. Only a few things that stick out to me is the vocal is a little low in the mix and also the drums. The lead guitar kind of overpowers the vocal when they're both up. I thought I could hear some distortion when the chorus part came in (the Rebel Yell parts) but I looked at it in an editor and it's definately not hitting the top and when I zoomed in I couldn't see any square waves so I'm not sure what I'm hearing. Again, great tune my friend.

Thanks
    It rocks! Good work. My dog is running around looking for where the barking is coming from.
    I see what Track Rat is talking about with distortion. It sounds to me like you could have used less distortion on the electric guitar and still got a plenty dirty sound. Maybe that's what did it to the chorus.

Thanks
    besides what Track Rat mentioned, this song rocks! Although the song itself isn't awfully complicated, the arrangments are real great. Good recording also.

AL

Thanks
    Spicing up the forum are ya?Nice effort,sound effects in beginig are cool.Not my kinda music but well executed
    My Meat Has Worms...

Thanks
    You're one of my favorites here, no doubt.

What are you using for drums?

Okay, for the nits

The lead @ 1:50 is too loud, and it's walking on the vocal starting at 2:59. There's a pretty dramatic drop in the overall volume of the track when that guitar cuts out, so you might look at that.

Diggin' the wah, though.

[edit] - sorry I spaced on the PM

Thanks

Thumbs up

I guess I'm the only one who was expecting the Billy Idol song..

like the tune man! some of the leads are a bit too loud, and some of the vocals are a bit too low.. I would raise the vocals and lower the leads so they are the same volume as the vox.. Those are my biggest complaints..

lots of good classic sounding rock in this.. 70's ish Bad Company vibe.. very cool song with great vocals, but it definitely needs a remix..

are the dog sounds real or samples?

Thanks
    Originally posted by Track Rat
    Very cool tune and good playing. Only a few things that stick out to me is the vocal is a little low in the mix and also the drums. The lead guitar kind of overpowers the vocal when they're both up. I thought I could hear some distortion when the chorus part came in (the Rebel Yell parts) but I looked at it in an editor and it's definately not hitting the top and when I zoomed in I couldn't see any square waves so I'm not sure what I'm hearing. Again, great tune my friend.

Thanks Track...huh? I figured the vocals were to loud still. I kept pulling them down each mix and still thought they were to hot. Yeah the drums are a little low. I think the "distortion" on the vocals were due to this art preamp maybe, I'll need to re-cut them I guess..dammit ..Thanks Track Rat.

Thanks
    Originally posted by fprod south
    It rocks! Good work. My dog is running around looking for where the barking is coming from.
    I see what Track Rat is talking about with distortion. It sounds to me like you could have used less distortion on the electric guitar and still got a plenty dirty sound. Maybe that's what did it to the chorus.
    Yeah, I agree about the distortion...it's kinda like "reverb' a little goes along way. Thanks for checking it out man.

Thanks
    Originally posted by A1A2
    besides what Track Rat mentioned, this song rocks! Although the song itself isn't awfully complicated, the arrangments are real great. Good recording also.

AL

I dont know man, it was pretty complicated for an amature like me to pull off . Thanks for listening Al.

Thread Information