Oil check

great tune...but I gotta mention...the pic... a couple posts up... no dog partys as HARD as a jack russell... ok that's out of the way...

I liked pretty much everything musical about this, and I am a sucker for the sound effects. I even like the amp buzz I hear in places.

Sonically, I agree with the vocal drum, lead gtr volumes as mentioned.

and...I too was expecting Billy Idol ....ha! what I heard was better.;)

Very cool tune. Nice soloing and tone. Good vocals. The dogs are cool. Adds to the whole vibe.

I think that snare sound is too polite. It needs one with more body and a bit of a ring. I think if you bring up the drums a bit rather than lowering the guitar you'd be just about there. Try some ducking comp on the guitar to keep it off the vocals. It sounds good loud.

Jamal...Ha, you crack me up man! Hey I had alot of practice saying "mamma" I guess lol. Thanks for the feedback man, I know it's a long sucker..sorry bout that. I hear ya about the drums, I hope I fixed them a bit. Thanks for ya time man!

Kramer ... Thanks my southern friend, hey I put my Ole Miss Rebel T on today for the re-mix:D haha, I know how ya love them Reb's!:D . Huh, didn't know that about bass boat..yep both of those bands are some of my favorites. Marshall Tucker and Black Foot, them also. Thanks for checking it man.

IanW-UK ...Thanks man, I really need to re-do the guitars I guess, it does have a little much distortion. I brought the drums up today and the vox a little, I think it's somewhat better now. As for as mic's go, I miked the lead guitar cab(Laney VC-50) with a 57 up close, and a A/t 40/50 behind the cab. Thanks for the comments man!

Gidge ...Wass up bro! Yeah I brought the vocals and drums up a notch, maybe it helped some. I'm not gonna re-cut the vocals..right now anyway.
awesome job.....i'm sending you 7.55 so I can burn this one
:D ...haha, no need to send money, I'm tossing this one in the fire and forgetting it anyway:p . Thanks a ton man.

Treeline ...Thanks man. Naw dangerous with ax in hand I aint lol, but thanks. Yeah that "swamp" thing was what I was after, thanks alot bro.

fingerlickingood ...Hey pass that mason jar man! LOL, glad ya liked it and thanks! hehe,, kool pic man!

LT.Bob ...Yeah I guess I should re-name this maybe. I did a little work on it and think I may have it a wee bit better...I hope so. Thanks for your time and comments Lt.

mixmkr ...Lol, that is a cool pic! Yep, one thing I did forget today was to edit the buzzing gtrs, o-well I need automation but it'll have to wait. hehe, yeah my "wifes" two little ( I callem pussy dogs) have been in a frenzy the past two days too! Thanks man.

M.Brane ...Thanks for stoping by man. I put a tad of comp on the lead gtr and brought the drums up some too...I think it helped. Thanks alot man.

Thanks guys, all great advice from everyone! I'm putting another mix up if anyone could possibly check it for me...Thanks again!http://www.nowhereradio.com/david/singles top of the page "Rebel Yell...re-mix" thanks again.

Hey David,
Hey, this aint Billy Idol .....:D Nice tune man. definitely some shinin' guitar work. Cool flavor to this, and i like all of the "fun" xtras. Nice work man. ......got me a file of "David" stuff started..... :)

g

David said:
I dont know man, it was pretty complicated for an amature like me to pull off:) . Thanks for listening Al.

I hope I didn't sound harsh when I said " this song isn't awfully complicated". Compare to some crazy experinmental music, this song isn't awfully complicated, if you know what I mean. I only meant it in a good way. Anyways, I don't think you qualify being an amature with nice arrangements like this tho :)

Keep up the good work

AL

Hey man...I just got a chance to check out the remix. Sounds really good. I'm hearing some distortion on the vocal that didn't stick out to me before, but I think it's just b/c the vocal levels are right now. I don't think the distortion on the vocal is worth re-tracking, b/c like Lt.Bob said...it kinda' fits this tune. Just call it an effect.

Man, I can't believe that's a drum machine. The kick sounds great to me for this song.

Anyway, nice job all the way around. I'd call her done, but I'm the king of "GOOD ENUFF!!"

Be good,
Chris

Guernica said:
Hey David,
Hey, this aint Billy Idol .....:D Nice tune man. definitely some shinin' guitar work. Cool flavor to this, and i like all of the "fun" xtras. Nice work man. ......got me a file of "David" stuff started..... :)

g

Hey Thanks big G , no this is a far cry from Mr. Idol hehe. Wow...a file of "David' stuff, shit man i'm impressed and flattered to all hell and back...Thanks bro!

A1A2 said:
I hope I didn't sound harsh when I said " this song isn't awfully complicated". Compare to some crazy experinmental music, this song isn't awfully complicated, if you know what I mean. I only meant it in a good way. Anyways, I don't think you qualify being an amature with nice arrangements like this tho :)

Keep up the good work

AL

Not in the least bro! I knew where you were coming from, and agree 100%. Yeah it's pretty simple, but hey I am too:D . Thanks again for the feedback!

chrisharris said:
Hey man...I just got a chance to check out the remix. Sounds really good. I'm hearing some distortion on the vocal that didn't stick out to me before, but I think it's just b/c the vocal levels are right now. I don't think the distortion on the vocal is worth re-tracking, b/c like Lt.Bob said...it kinda' fits this tune. Just call it an effect.

Man, I can't believe that's a drum machine. The kick sounds great to me for this song.

Anyway, nice job all the way around. I'd call her done, but I'm the king of "GOOD ENUFF!!"

Be good,
Chris

Hey fellow I owe ya, thanks for checking the remix..means alot. i think maybe I might of had to much sizzle on the pre when I cut that vocal, hell it's been over a year ago so I can't really remember. But if the king of "GOOD ENUFF" says it's ok, then hell that's good enuff for me:D . Thank you Chris!

Doug H said:
Great song. Love the guitar tone.

Thanks for checking the tune Doug, glad ya liked the guitar tone.

Okay the "King of Good Enuff" has spoken, so we'll let this thread go to byby land :D ...Thanks alot guys.

Still a great song David!

I too am hearing some distortion in the phones.
Sounds like mabey the whole mix is clipping?

Awsome guitar work my friend,and your singing is fantastic!
I really dig some good country rock!
And this is definitly it.:D

Have a Great New Year,

Pete

muzeman said:
Still a great song David!

I too am hearing some distortion in the phones.
Sounds like mabey the whole mix is clipping?

Awsome guitar work my friend,and your singing is fantastic!
I really dig some good country rock!
And this is definitly it.:D

Have a Great New Year,

Pete

Hey thanks Pete. I think i've narrowed it down to the preamp. maybe had it a little hot on a couple trks. I'm tired of fooling with it now though:) . Thanks bud!

W - I - D - E

Gotta ask... are you using Waves S1 on this, David? I'm in the bad habit of assuming things... but it sounds x-tra wide, kinda that pseudo stereo thing the S1 gives ya...

You've got a great voice, that we all know :) A particular 80's hair band lead singer you sound like... can't put a finger on him... but you know who I mean :)

Bon Jovi-ish... in the best ways.

Would like a "different" sound for the vox... maybe a different mic? They've got kind of a "boxed in" sound to 'em...... almost like AM radio effect, but "lower"... knowhutImean?

Nice song... great performance.

EDIT--Your vocals remind me of the guy from "The Cult"... I think... that could be who I'm thinkin of when hearing your voice

Bump!!

You sound like you just got got back from Baby`s. I can almost smell the cudzu blooms on that one David. I like all of it, all of us have some different perks on instrument levels but I like it. One of the guitars jumps out a little but its good. You know i got a jones for that kinda picking, I like to hear somebody squeeze it and make it cry and squall...

Re: W - I - D - E

participant said:
Gotta ask... are you using Waves S1 on this, David? I'm in the bad habit of assuming things... but it sounds x-tra wide, kinda that pseudo stereo thing the S1 gives ya...

You've got a great voice, that we all know :) A particular 80's hair band lead singer you sound like... can't put a finger on him... but you know who I mean :)

Bon Jovi-ish... in the best ways.

Would like a "different" sound for the vox... maybe a different mic? They've got kind of a "boxed in" sound to 'em...... almost like AM radio effect, but "lower"... knowhutImean?

Nice song... great performance.

EDIT--Your vocals remind me of the guy from "The Cult"... I think... that could be who I'm thinkin of when hearing your voice

No Waves S1 on this, that i can think of...is it to wide? Yeah i'd like to try out some diffrent mics for sure, and a diffrent pre too.
Your vocals remind me of the guy from "The Cult"
. Man I aint to keen on my vocals, so if i get compared to anybody with just a touch of talent...i'll take it:D . Thanks man!

Hey Ken, thanks for stoping in!
You sound like you just got back from baby's

Haha, i wished! Yep, the "perks" on the insterment levels, I have alot of trouble with them little "perks" LOL! Maybe someday i'll get a handle on all of this..(not likely..though):D , oh well it's fun trying, and that's all that matters to me. Thanks brutha Ken!

Back