Oh For Christs Sake...

Yea! cool style. The guitar is a little low in the one part but the harmony is got that Beatles style sound. Almost like that Magical Mystery era.

Good one

Joe

WOW! I really liked it! And not to worry...you can seek salvation without Sunday's pot luck buffet...what a great line!!! Although I don't know why you'd want to miss it. Marsha Addington makes the best cheese potatoes!! This song literally brought tears to my eyes. Really awesome man! Keep up the good work. I'm gonna check out your other tunes!

great songwriting! vocals are very good. your vocals get better with every post.

the mix has some issues but i wouldn't know how to fix them or even how to articulate them, others can do that much better. i just like the song.

How ironic

that you post a song like this at the same time as me.:D

Good song, good performance!:)

Now for the mix critique:

Vocals are too loud in a lot of spots, but not as a whole.

Drums are thin and distant like they're in the next room or somethin'.

-too many low mids.

-run a compressor over the vocal track.

-the foo fighters just played on snl, and they fucking KILLED!

-too many low mids

-cool song

-what the hell is an "orange alert" anyway. An orange doesn't scare me at all.

-too many low mids

-vocals need compression.

-great tune

-night.

damn, Jamal, that is a very deep song.....and once again, very fine performances....since Chris has so many mixing suggestions, let HIM mix it....:D

"its a techno-rap like ..anti climactic sorta thing"

Oh boy-sounds exciting! Let me zip on over and download this stat!

"I can get saved on a pay-per-view special next week" heh. As usual great singing and some clever wordplay, welcome to the other 10% of the world...

The mix sounds pretty good-sounds like your starting to use more of the sound spectrum...I hear a deepness in the bass area that I don't usually hear on your mixes----if your saying "wtf is he talking about?" you may be right-I don't know-it was a first impression....Bass drum sounds good-but I don't hear the snare too much-or the cymbals---If they were brought up some-you'd have the full spectrum covered IMO...The vocal track is excellent-but it took me a few listens to catch all the words-maybe bring up the vox some? Or cut a little mud zone ~350hz??? from the bass and guitar to make em stick out some more? Who knows-you could just always twiddle the knobs and have faith????

Anyway good song-enjoyed it.

Hey Jamal,
Very nice tune man. I love the tone of the effected vocs at the beginning, and the transition. As the music comes back in, the panning on the guitars moves from left to right. The transition might be a little more solid if the guits stayed a little more left after the change.

Very nice writing man. 3 listens in, and Im headed for a fourth.
great tune! g w/5

Edited due to Crack .......ish spelling

Last edited:
Just paste in whatver I said on your other posts, catchy tune, great vocals etc... (really) and add to it, nice drums, is that you playing them? I thought you weren't a drummer.

The intro worked IMO.

Doug

thanks gentlemen..

s-pole:..hell if any of this reminds you in ANY WAY of the beatles that GREAT!..:d..thanks.

chris:..:D:D...yeah well as many times as you have heard it now..im surprised..

sydfan:...excellent thanks so much.."tears to my eyes"...ill bet that was from the laughing!!!:)..that buffet line i wasnt sure about at first ...kinda smarmy for the song content but it seems to work ok...thanks again!

erichhenryus:..see you and i probably mix about the same way....well for me its like "preset preset preset"...then ...move whatever knobs will turn....more hit and miss ..than skill anyway...luckily it SHINES through...hehehehe...gracias..

m brane:..i think the vocals are WAY too loud ..but other people (chris)..seems to think they sound good this way..I THINK he just wants them loud enough to hear the shittiness come through loud and clear......

gidge:..cool thanks man ..well he helped on alot of the mix as it is i probably asked about 4000 questions when i was working on it...(i love msn instant messenger)..!!!..

straddlemeister:..."bring UP the vocals"..WHAT?!?!?!...JEEZZZ they just slap you across the face now..ANY louder and and it would just be a solo voice piece....hehehehehe...im glad to hear the mix sounds a bit better than usual i actually spent quite a bit of time on this....well ok about 6 hrs...which for me is like FOREVER....:d

G:...you know i never even noticed the guitars did that..??...weird ill see if i can fix that....huh....how did i miss that....lol..the "intro" was just messing around i tried it on another tune and it failed misserably ..i like this one tho...lol..thanks..(gettin closer to the little one yes?!?!?!)...man i bet your excited!!!...me too!!!

jake owa:...hahaha well that is perfect...if i could disguise the crap mix with emotion....hell ill take that EVERY TIME...thanks

doug h:...well i USED to play drums exclusively ..before i ever started writing songs anyway. played since 4th grade...but i hate them now ..just like most things that last along time...drums ..my wife....all of it gets old....hahahahaha..ok that was a joke..(in case she happens to see this)..:)

jamal

jamal,

nice song......good vocals........i like the lyrics................no real mix suggestions.................nice work man

I always liked the lo-fi beginning. It always makes a song sound even better when it kicks in. :p

Nice voice and good harmonies. For my taste, certain harmonies could be louder, or maybe the main vox could be softer. Also the drums could be louder and punchier.

Great song, excellent songwriting!
:cool:

I like the lo fi beginning too, makes it sound pro when it kicks in.

Mix wise, I'd focus your improvements on the vocals. The actual vocals sound great. Like the above suggested I'd run slight comp over the mix. I'd also work with a pop filter or a different windscreen. Your s's and very prominant and taking away from the performance I think.

Keep it up.

One of my favorite songwriters comes through again. Great lines throughout. Really liked: "cause all of your spokesmen are liars in white limosiunes. and I can get save on that pay-per-view special next week." Pretty melody too.

The vocals were clipping in spots. I nice reverb on them would I think make the sound a little warmer. You should double track them too (I plan to bug you about this until you do it all the way through on at least one song). Some of the harmonies had some small syncing problems (e.g., at 1:25 and 1:30)

The electric guitar (slightly panned to the right) sounded a bit "tinny". A little warmer tone would be nice.

great piece of music.

Back