Official Unofficial Erland CD thread

Pinky

and The Brain...
Got me some official Erland discs in the mail today (thanks again for prompt shipping Mr. Cooper :D ).

All I can say is that it's a priviledge to get an advanced copy. You could definitely market the passion and conviction of your songs. The packaging is top notch (may want to get the actual discs printed/pressed professionally, but the cover art was wonderful, as was the liner note).

The music is superb, and can't say I've heard much of disc 1 (I came in late in this summer's sessions). Certainly some enjoyable experimentation on disc 1, as well as the classic Erland acoustic-folk stuff. You definitely have carried that Beatles banner into the 21st century (from this Beatles fan that's a compliment). I'm not a great review writer as my enjoyment transcends most words, which is why I started this thread -- give the more expressive of our members a chance for their feedback :).

If you didn't receive a CD or got in late on this, visit Erland's nowhere radio site to hear these in MP3 format.

The audio quality is much improved on CD. It always is...

I think I'll upload the song list to cddb.com (partly for ease, but more to get you on the digital map).

Congrats on your release and wish for you the best on your South American jaunt! -- Kevin

Well, I can at least bump it. Got mine yesterday and it's terrific! It's great when a Homerecer follows through and gets something out there. And Erland really earned this one.

Tom

Afraid he said he won't have more until his south american trip is done in December... all the songs are available through the mp3 links above though.

Can't wait for mine... :D

...and dang it! I could just kick my own @ss for not getting around to doing Taken Me Ages in time... that's what happens when you get married and have no free time...

...let this be a lesson to you young impressionable single guys oat there.

:p

WATYF

Pinky said:
To use a spell checker?
err..... I musta missed somethin'. :p

Oh yeah... and I got mine today!!! Whoo hooo!! :D :D

At first I was like... "what the hell's this??? air mail??? is somebody trying to send me the ebola virus or something???".... and then I was like.... "ooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh..... that's RIGHT.... ERLAND's CD!!!"

see how fast I am?

:p

WATYF

Got mine yesterday.
It went straight to my car, and it will serve me well on the 2 hour drive planned for Sunday...
Superb music.

Got mine a few days ago, listened to it and it is a GREAT album!

I would recommend this to anyone.

Homerecr's Rule!

:D

It arrived in the post yesterday afternoon, and I must say I am impressed with this very much! The sound, mixing, and recordings are quite well done, especially when you look at his equipment list! The songs are (as always) extremely well written. This guy's just a natural. I really enjoyed some of the "extra bits" that have been added since I first heard the original mp3s.

Overall, a big thumbs up to our pal Erland for a job very well done and quite an awesome accomplishment. I couldn't write 33 songs this good in 10 summers.

I'm very grateful to Erland for making this available to us, and I'll be proud to say "I knew him when".

Twist

I got mine yesterday. The CD packaging is well layed out and designed (too bad he didn't included his autograph:() Haven't had a chance to take a listen to the double disc yet, but I'm sure I am gonna love them!!!

Thanks, Erland

Al

Just want to chime in to say I got mine on Friday, been listening to it on the weekend and many people around me have become Erland fans. Great CD!

may I rant? please let me rant!

first, let me say, if there's something I have, it's time to listen to tunz. I get a little buzz, and I can go to the basement and crank the tunz as loud as I want. erland's cd is the absolute best homerecording.com tunz I've had the pleasure to catch. now, don't get me wrong, there's a pile of music here that's the bomb. I mean, it's all I listen to, if I'm not listening to my own stuff. well, maybe a little tony rice from time to time, but, I mean it. I listen to you folks music more than any. and erland has something. is it the writting? the musicianship? the recording? the timimg? I mean, he's got sumpin just a little different. what is it? you got to tell me. cause all I know is what my ears hear, and what I hear is very nice. there is no reason for this person, erland, not to be really pursuing the music thang. other than traveling around the the freaking world having the freaking time of his life. LOL

Dan

Yes Dan, he has that sound and presence required for success. :)

Last edited:
Back