Ocnor's New-ish Rock Tune

That song is a trip! I'm on my second listen and enjoying it very much.

First thing that struck me funny, was in the harmony at the beginning. It sound like some pitch shifting or something going on? To be honest, I couldn't tell if you were trying to correct the pitches in the harmony, or going for some kind of strange effect. However, during the remainder of the song, the vocal harmonies work very well and sound totally cool.

OK, I'm on the third listen now. One thing I think you might want to do is process the lead vocal back into the mix a bit (perhaps add a bit more reverb or some delay or something?) It's well sung, but I think it stands out too much from the rest of the music. Not that you want to drown out the vocals, by any means - it just doesn't seem to sit quite right in there yet. Constrast that with the choral harmonies, which blend in with the rest of the music very well.

I totally dig the guitar work in this song, and the arrangement is awesome! Nice job! I'm going to listen one more time.

The intro vocals are wierd. It seems the different pitches overlap yoo much, or something. They just sound blocky. Other than that nit, it's a cool tune. The music and other vocals seem to fit well together. Playing is superb. I really like all the little fills. They compliment the song. Nice playing later on. Very flashy. I'd personally love to hear the guitars more, but that is just me.

Cool tune man.

I really dug the vocal layering/harmonies...kinda remind me of The Darkness or Queen...guitar was great,nice tone and great chops!HArd for me to judge the mix as Im listening on headphones right now.I bet it would sound good cranked on a good system...Cool tune man..nice job!

I love the guitar work and tone!
I had flashbacks of my listening to Ace Frehley's solo album with the rhythm guitar tone!....That's a good thing in my ears!
I also love the little licks on the guitar between the vocal phrasing.

The only two things I could point out in constructive criticism is the overall length of the tune...maybe one verse shorter and the vocals could be lowered in volume a tad!

But nice work! I enjoyed my listen and thanx for sharing!

Gorty :)

Thanks to eveyone for the feedback. The vocals at the beginning are just a 3 part harmony. There is no pitch shifting FX just me singing with a bit of reverb. It does sound sort of weird but hey I'm a weird guy.:D The strange thing is that the backing vocals are the same through the whole song but they only sound different at the beginning. I will most likely redo the lead vocal as it was really just a scratch track. The guitars were all done with a Strat and a V-Amp Pro. The bass guitar and drums were done with a Zoom RT123 drum machine.

ocnor said:
Thanks to eveyone for the feedback. The vocals at the beginning are just a 3 part harmony. There is no pitch shifting FX just me singing with a bit of reverb. It does sound sort of weird but hey I'm a weird guy.:D The strange thing is that the backing vocals are the same through the whole song but they only sound different at the beginning. I will most likely redo the lead vocal as it was really just a scratch track. The guitars were all done with a Strat and a V-Amp Pro. The bass guitar and drums were done with a Zoom RT123 drum machine.
I would guess the weird vocal sound at the start is due to some buildup in certain sounds, and it is masked with the music. It sounds like you panned the sounds a bit, so it must just be one of those weird things that happens... :eek:
In the chorus sections, they sound good...nice and full.

Back