Obsession: Gothic/fusion crossover thingy

DavidK

This is a lil hard to explain, so I guess I wont. Its loosely based on an obscure work by an obscure composer ( Ysaye), who was a violinist ( and my teachers teacher). This is an EXTREMELY abstract rendering, it isnt very much like the Original.

Any help with mix and eq is appreciated.

As with most of my stuff, it is about obsession ( and death. Almost all my stuff is about death, its a "concept" album). It contains the Dies Irae theme that I have ( or hide) in every piece I do.

I dont know if my other amazing colleagues frequent this forum, they did an awesome job. :cool:

Blair- Voices
Frederick- Percussion arrangements and samples
DK- Violins, Keyboards, synths and Arrangements.

This is called Obsession.

Obsession

Lots of cool runs in this piece. I also like the stops and starts, they add different dimension to listening.

Voice is really big and sounds like something you'd hear in a big church.

Everything sounds really good in this mix and the playing is as always, outstanding.......

Nice and haunting man!!!! My only suggestion would be, see if you can get the voice to sound darker, and more ominous. It's a bit bright, considering how the music turned out. Yeah, I know...small nit, but it's the closest thing to a flaw I have found in your stuff. :D

The music itself, is simply amazing, once again. Very clean, and has a great impact on the mind. Very cool man...I really like it. It is a great soundtrack. It fills the mind with visions. Very cool...
Ed

I like your stuff DK.
It's a Breath of fresh air or several lungs full at the very least!

Nice stuff but it doesn't surprise me!
I have noticed on very beginning that "S" in vocals is a little "esssssy".
I don't know how to explain it but it happens always when I try to mix my voice. It's reverb probably because it doesn't ssssss without any effects.
The funny thing is that when I replace it with someone else’s vocal in to same channel this Ssssss disappears. I have also sent a private message to you David!
Keep doing it!

Back