M

mikgag

first attempt

snare sounds hollow....suggestions?
kick to low?
maybe compressor on snare + kick?
eq on toms?
singer wasn't there this night so that's another can of worms
keep in mind we're not a "crystal-clear digital" radio pop band...

be gentle...

http://ebassist.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/475/cat/507

it'll say it's a video, but it's not...just click play.

Last edited:
the drums are quiet and the snare sounds too distant/weak. the playing is a little sloppy too.

how did you mic/mix things to make the ride cymbal stick out so much but not the snare? the bass drum is a little quiet too.

I think maybe there's not much response because you were so negative in your original post. Kinda like "this is no good--how is it?" Doesn't exactly make me jump to listen and comment.

If it's worth posting for critique, don't down-sell it so much. But if the down-sell is accurate (and you know it) why post it?

Food for thought...

I can't get it to play - when I push the little play button, it turns into a little pause button (and vice versa), but nothing happens afterward.

the drums are quiet and the snare sounds too distant/weak. the playing is a little sloppy too.

how did you mic/mix things to make the ride cymbal stick out so much but not the snare? the bass drum is a little quiet too.

it's recorded live in our jam space. Into a Mackie 1604 then into the PC via Audiophile 24/96...1 stereo track.

guitar left = GLS ES-57
guitar right = Senn E609
bass = BDDI (still lacks punch though...working on it)
overhead (mono) = modded MXL603 (don't have space for 2)
snare = GLS ES-57
toms = GLS ES-57
kick = Peavey 520i

added PSP Vintage Warmer afterwards...that's it.

I think maybe there's not much response because you were so negative in your original post. Kinda like "this is no good--how is it?" Doesn't exactly make me jump to listen and comment.

If it's worth posting for critique, don't down-sell it so much. But if the down-sell is accurate (and you know it) why post it?

Food for thought...

digested.:o

Back