now WITH vocals

eeb

Hey guys, we finished up the vocals. We're sitting on the recording for about 2 weeks to give it a good listen.. see if there's anything we need to retrack then we're on to mixing. Here's what we got so far. Important to note that this is not mixed.. just a half ass mix at best and the vocals are a little loud.

but here's the link..

Any thoughts on what to do when we go in to mix.. any comments are appriciated.

thanks in advance

Great vocalist(s) - love the harmonies especially.... I think the placement and volume on everything is pretty cool. The drums sound too clicky to me, mainly the bass drum. That's just my personal preference though so I'll leave that thought with you. I like the wide panning. Overall I think it's turned out well even for an initial mix...:cool:

Great vocalist(s) - love the harmonies especially.... I think the placement and volume on everything is pretty cool. The drums sound too clicky to me, mainly the bass drum. That's just my personal preference though so I'll leave that thought with you. I like the wide panning. Overall I think it's turned out well even for an initial mix...:cool:

hey thanks, the vocals are a little loud for my tastes but since the vocals are the freshest thing we wanted to make sure they're alright before we mix them.

I agree with the kick drum..

I like the vocals where they're at.....good tune, good performance, good chit all way around:D

I like the vocals best in this song, the drums are a little busy for my taste, the wide panning at 1:25 or there abouts is distracting. When there is a stop and only one git is playing, the wide pannig is weak. I'm listeneing with cans, but with monitors it would be the same. Half there. I would center the single git at that point. Just a suggestion. Good harmony. Good start on this, looking forward to hearing a full mix.:)

Song sounds pretty good however i find things seem to be panned to wide/far...doesnt blend well for the ear and is a bit distracting.

Drums are ok, guitars are ok, vocals are ok, bass is.. missing (?)
They all sound ok.. separately. Can't hear this as a whole, tho. A premix, right? Waiting for the next move ;)

yeah the bass is there.. needs to come up alot.. there's still alot of work to do.. and yes this is a premix.. just posted for you guys to see what you guys think should be done when we sit down to mix.. so far most people have been thinking the same thing i have (wide panning, no bass, clicky kick drum) I think it has alot of potential though and I'm super excited to get it done.

Back