And Now For Something Totally Different

So this is not my thing at all but I think I can comment on a couple things here.
First off the drum sounds really suck in this song. The kick is ok but that clap thing is peircing and out of place. You need to do something ot change the rythym up a bit it gets really repetitive. That goes for the whole song the talent is great but the song needs some flavor....diversity. A key change or something....illustrate the title of the song with music, show me how you've changed.

The recording quality is fine and the mix is otherwise alright it just needs something different.

Vocals are excellent.The percussion is bringing this excellent peformance down.It needs a real drum kit sound.The kick and clap thing are grating on the ears and ruining the experience.A real drum kit sound would put this tune over the top.It would add the much needed dynamics that this song is lacking.A bridge on a tune like this are almost a necessity.

Listen to a few Boyz 2 Men albums and pay attention the the drum kit sounds and dynamics they use on their ballads.Thats what I would shoot for.Just my opinion of course.

Excellent song and with the right persussion it will be ready to go.

I enjoyed it.

Quite a different style from the other stuff of yours I've heard.

It's Sunday morning and I wouldn't have known I'm not listening to the radio except...

drums - what jake and kramer said

and

there is a really hard "b" sound in "but I got away..." at about 2:50. You hear it twice because of the delay on the voice. If you've got the right software you can probably automate it out. If not, I'd at least make the delay only say "got away" so you don't hear that "b" twice.

Other than that very pro sounding.

I like the song and the style.

I won't repeat the points already brought up.

I think a lead vocalist needs to stick to licks that he can pull off well. A well placed "simple" vocal lick that you just nail, sounds much more professional than a fancy lick done sloppy.

Joe

Back