not perfect,but getting better!

Bill Connally

Hello out there fellow enthusiasts.my band Ovall plays instrumental rock/metal,and i just got done uploading our new CD "Beyond the Frontier" on our website.we used a Roland 1680,roland Vdrums,Mesa Boogie Triaxis,line6 guitar POD,line6 Bass POD,alesis quadrasynth,and a few other little things i can't remember right now.we did the mixdown ourselves,but brought it to "The Plant" in Suasilito,CA for mastering.would really apreciate feedback of all kinds,thanx! http://www.mp3.com/ovall

Hey nice work indeed...download both versions of "Are We There Yet"....didn't hear a lotta difference in the two other than length...found myself playing with the equalizer in winamp, though, searching for a clearer bass sound, and giving some middle to the really fancy guitar.....pretty hot recording, when I cranked it I got rattled...incredible playing...reminded me of Boston a bit....gibs

yeah Gibs,your right,i have to work more on the bass guitar next time.the lower notes are kind of buried,but when he played higher on the fretboard he got louder,and clearer.we're also gonna sequence the drums next time,so we don't have to record them till mix down.we just used two tracks stereo this last time.then there was no adjusting the levels of his kick,snare,etc seperatly.i used a BBE sonic maximiser to mix down through,and i won't do that again.i'll leave all the coloring to the mastering process.anyways,thanx for the kind words guys.if anybody has something they want me to check out as well let me know.... Bill C.

uh, yeah, pretty good recording (sarcasm).Great guitar sounds. The guitar sounds were strong but easy on the ears. I'm listening through a little better setup than I had been, so my frame of reference is a little screwed up, but I checked out the first 2 songs on your page and they sound great to me. The play between the guitar and bass on "Are We There Yet" reminded me just for a moment of Rush's YYZ. Great job.....Ray J

Guitars sounded "thick" and punchy...very cool. Drums were a bit light and did'ent help push the song forward...guitar's did all the work...very good recording!

Garger

awesome!

so cool, i am so impressed. i play in a metalish band, and you have inspired me to start that instrumental side project i've always wanted to do. great recording, i can't even make any suggestions on what to do better.
jake

Hey,thanx for all the positive feedback!Ray j,thanx for the compliment on the guitar.that's my baby,but i still got a ways to go.my next goal with guitar is to mix up the tones more.i kind of hooked things up and ripped right through all the songs.Garger,i hear what you mean about the drums.we use those V-drums,and they just don't have the same kind of power as acoustics.maybe in the future,but for now this is easiest.Jake,dude your too kewl!you should definatly do your instrumental thing.i got lucky and found two guys willing to put up with me:-)when you finish your music and you post it,let me know,and i'll be more than happy to check it out.thanx again everyone!

Back