Thread: Nostalgie airplay... (actually critique is needed)

Thanks

Talking Nostalgie airplay... (actually critique is needed)

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hehe, kool subject? Okay, on http://www.nowhereradio.com/av/singles there is a tune "Pocket Monster". Like in the previous try I just want to hear some critique - is it an "OK" mix for good demo or an average release? Main concern is SOUND. Music comes second. Thanks.

Thanks
    the melody lines maybe just a bit too loud it also sounds a little stiff
    cheers

Thanks
    Hello again Akeksey. There's a synth lead that sounds a little hot but other than that, not a bad mix. Kind of a dated sound but so is most everything I do.

Thanks
    Nice comments.. Actually gain of melody tracks was a question to me all the time I did mixing. As for overall stiffy sound.. I like it... It somehow hearty, scratchy a little. BTW, I have updated file on http://www.nowhereradio.com/av/singles, so if you have some time please check melody track gains again. Dunno, I like both versions - this one and previous one.

Track Rat what did you mean by "dated sound". What sound is not outdated? Any names maybe?

If you have some more time you can check another song I've mixed for one band here: http://rr.ccs.ru/HE_FopmaT/HE_FopmaT-list/uksus.mp3 It's in russian, but I think mix can be judged regardless of vocal's language. Actually, it is some kind of a rock song with some 'pop' feeling to it. We had at least one play on the nation-wide radio 'Russkoe radio' in the 'Neformat?' chart program (time it is aired is not any good - like 0:00 AM). Ehh, we had no luck there.

Thanks
    I think the melody line balance is better now ... according to your profile you are way out there in the cold, man (Komi) ... ... what kind of internet connection you have out there?

досвидания

Thanks

Thumbs up

Year, kinda cold here. 0 degree C today.

Internet is weird here... I have modem connection 28.8k (sometimes 33.6k). Those I connect to have 64k dedicated connection. It's all F*CKING costy (you know, paying $400+ bucks every month for 64k is not any good). Dunno, how long I can make use of that connection. Anyways that's better. If that fucks up I will need to buy internet cards $10 each (that's for 20 hours).

So, yer Russian yerself?

Thanks

Re: Nostalgie airplay... (actually critique is needed)

Originally posted by PiCoder
    Main concern is SOUND. Music comes second.
    then dont be a musician

Thread Information