Noise rock track

I liked the first version better. :eek: The lead guitar is harshly harsh. The vocals are muddy and buried. The bass has no low end.
But maybe this is what 'noise rock' is supposed to sound like .... (every time I turn a corner there's a new so-called 'genre')

I'm sorry, but that was very hard to listen to. I guess I am not a fan of "Noise Rock".

If you Minnesotans can do a cover of "Kids Don't Follow" with the same drum, bass and guitar sound as you have in this song, it would sound good.

I am no longer a kid, and "cannot follow" this noise rock of yours. But you did a good job recording it.

I liked the first version better. :eek: The lead guitar is harshly harsh. The vocals are muddy and buried. The bass has no low end.
But maybe this is what 'noise rock' is supposed to sound like .... (every time I turn a corner there's a new so-called 'genre')
Noise rock is something like 20 years old!
It is a difficult genre to critique though. A lot of the production tends to be intentionally bad.

The rhythm and percussion of this sounds a lot like lo-fi Sleepy Time Gorilla Museum, especially during the interludes where the guitar is playing weird meandering parts instead of 1/8th notes. So that's pretty cool.

I wouldn't have minded a bit more sonic variety in the song. I can't imagine a full album of this keeping my attention.

I will take a stab at it. I get where you are going with it. Not really my style, but I do like some of it.

Good job catching the ambiance of the room or stage...But there is not much stereo separation and the vocals are way way back. Lacks energy(not the song, the mix). Cool sound on the bass, just not enough of it.

Has potential of being a cool song if the mix had the energy that the song has.

Back