No Jet Left- Didn't Come Home Last Night

I really liked the song, structure etc and the guitar was really clear but that was all that was...there was quite a buzz over the vocals that kind of distracted from the rest of the mix?

is it just me?

shame as I was enjoying its energy

(hope that didnt sound too off)

I like the clean guitar sound better than the dirty. Get some layers on that dirty guitar.

Vocals are too quiet.

Bass is pretty much AWOL.

Sounds like a mostly live recording.

Good song, very 1990's sound to it, and not a lot of dynamic range. Because it lacks much dynamic range, almost four minutes feels a little long.

The buzz on the vocals is a result of two things- one being the master verb, which we are fixing and two being the shitty quality of myspace. The bass is not awol, I'm listening to it right now and it sounds quite nice in the mix. Is the bass on your speakers awol? Maybe I should turn it up a bit to account for that kind of thing. We're actually doing some layers on guitar today to get more crunch in there. I'm glad you like the song though, and thanks for the advice! This forum is a godsend.

Greate Energy... That's what I need on my songs... But I guess that you need to work a little more on the mix, i just can't hear the bass.

Good Luck!!!

Back