Nirvana fans rate my recording !

arsenaultk9

Ok I'm all excited cause this is my first (for me) good recording and I can't wait to people rate my stuff so here it is. I made a nirvana cover with my band and we recorded and now I want to know who does it sound thanks for your comments anything is good ! :rolleyes:

Here the link : About a girl

well I don't know what to say it works for me. I hate it when it does that :mad:. If it's like the other post in will work in no time.

I thought it was a well done tune. Recording and performance were pretty good. You've got a good voice for this song, and played it pretty well.

Tell us how it was recorded. You know, what is your setup.

Good job.
Ed

I like the idea of telling how I did this stuff, cause If you knew the conditions I did this with you'd laught. Anyway here's how I did it :

First I made a drum track using reason software -> That explain's the computer sounding drum.

Then after making the drum track, is plug my fender strat guitar in the podxt and my podxt in my computer to then recorde that surfy guitare still.

Then came the vocals witch I had many problems with cause I was in a big room and only had a shure SM58 on my hand(these things rock live, but condensers rock the studio world) and went into my closet trying to drain every last bit of wire cause my closet is pretty damn far from the plugg. Oh and I also used the pod for vocals since I don't have a good sound card and my sound card is the pod.

After came the distorted guitare with the pod and also the bass with the pod.

There hasn't been a lot of mixing on the tracks and I wonder if you can notice that ?

Well anyway I can't wait for more comments ! :eek:

the vocal is pretty dead on through most of the song.......i mean you're higher pitched than kurt, but it's close.

the bassline in the verse isn't right, but i guess that's alright.

thanks donkey I had pretty much noticed I had a higher pitch and I was waiting for someone to point that out. Some one got anysolutions ?

Back