Nine to Five (Jon Bellion, Lauv, Chvrches sound influence)

I like the sound. I like your vocals. I think your lead vocal gets a bit overwhelmed in the chorus, e.g. @ the :30 mark.

This has a sort of catchy melody somewhat reminiscent of Townsend's Let My Love Open The Door - not in structure as much as in style.

I listened on crappy computer speakers, the mix was pretty good, as stated above, the lead vocals gets buried in the chorus. But even on computer speakers, it translated pretty good.

Vocals sound really good.

Mix is very good except as mentioned vocals don't come through the mix like they should on the chorus. The bass synth is the biggest issue there.

This sounds mostly like Lauv of the inspirations the you mentioned.

Very pop oriented song. Catchy and well done.

Full disclosure, never heard those bands you mentioned. The vocals sound good, but don't immediately sound in the same space as the other instruments. They also get buried in the louder parts. Good tune

Good vocal. Something doesn't feel right with the timing on this tune. Doesn't have a good pocket to it.
The mix isn't bad but like bull said the vocals seems to be in a different space that everything else. But honestly I was too distracted by the timing to pay close attention to the details of the mix

Back