Be nice now

I really like those vocals. I'd also like to hear them more out front. They sounded farther away in the mix to me than some of the instruments. It's got a Pink Floyd does a southern rock ballad feel to it going from verse to chorus. I wouldn't have thought it, but it works well. Are those real drums with some kind of effect on them? I like the song overall.

Since IUMA wasn't kickin' down more than 9KB/sec I decided to grab all of your stuff
simultaneously. I thought that "Send a Letter" tune was straight off of Rubber Soul
as far as the songwriting. The vocals are competent (compared to Beatle stuff) but I guess I'm conditioned to hearing their voices when I hear tunes like this. That "Alice" tune was really nice, too. I'm not sure of the name of the pop band that you're doing really well here, but that Pink Floyd intro
doesn't quite cut it. Not that it couldn't.
"Idaho" <does> work as a Pink Floyd/The Band
mutation. Those overamped toms are OK for a while; The guitar lead is nice.

Thanks Jon X for giving a listen, I agree about the vocals being more out front, mixing thru headphones really just dont do it hopefully one day we can get some decent monitors, thanks a bunch...and thank you Doc for your time as well, Rubber soul huh? thats my buddy from memphis that wrote that song "send a letter" hell were just having a good time here throwing stuff up there for our own pleasure, nothing serious.. but we are wanting to upgrade our equipment to make it sound a little bit better. didnt think I was even gonna get a download on this 9mb bitch, but thanks very much guys. David G.

Hey David, I listed to the RA of "Idaho" because I decided not to download something so big. It's not your fault, you gotta write what you feel and if it's long, so be it. I just couldn't sit tight for so long. I guess I can't comment on the mix, it wouldn't be fair. I usually don't like to comment on the tune (to each their own ya know?), but I did like it. I'll go back and download something smaller and comment on that is that ok? It's a cop out I know, but I wanted you to know that I did take the time to at least listen to the song!

Hey David, I just downloaded and listened to "Send a Letter" and it's great. I really dig your voice...it reminds me a little of Peter Gabriel. The music on this one is very Beatlesque. Is that an upright bass? I think the tune is a little bottom heavy at least in my headphones, but everything sounds good, just a tad muffled. Great job, I'll definately download more of your stuff!

Good tune. Just a little more up front on the vocals.
In this tune and most. Maybe a little less
of the doubled or delayed signal.

Hey thanks Top Jimmy, no I wasn't going for a certin sound just came out that way,as pretty much everything I write does, but thanks man..C Miller I wrote only three of the songs on that page, send a letter was my buddy from Memphis but hey thanks just the same.. now when you gonna replace the "placeholder" lyrics on bicycle? sounded like keepers to me, hell I crank that song nearly every day, love the way that songs put together,great job..thanks again guys.

I know I said I wasn't going to do it, but as I am with everyone else on this BBS, I was impressed as hell with the music I did download so I went for the big one! I also downloaded "Heaven". Two great songs, man. I mean it, I really liked them.

I still noticed a little muffle in the lower registers, it could be the acoustic guitars competeing with one another, but it seems like more than that.

I like the vocals...this sucks, I can't find one decent singer and this guy fills his band full of them! Give me one you bastard! I'm assuming this is you singing on these two right? Your voice reminds me of the Rembrandts a little.

The opening guitar riff of "Heaven" is as if "Mother Nature's Son" and "Blackbird" had a child! Great job man.

Hey C Miller, yea we got alot of crapola going on in these mixes,bad cords low end equipment you name it(no monitors)thats a biggie in itself, but we just keep trucking on till we can do better..thanks for the feedback man & the D/L's Peace...

Hi David,

Since you listened to my tune I figured it would only be fair for me to listen to one of yours. I downlaoded "Alice" because Idaho would've taken three weeks on this computer.

I don't feel I am educated enough to comment on the mix but the song was good. Very lonely sounding - the music really gave me the image of a girl running outside on a dark and stormy night with the wind tearing at her clothes and rain pelting her pretty-young face.

I think I will download another of yours in the near future.

Have a good one.

TUcci

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ears:
Good tune. Just a little more up front on the vocals.
In this tune and most. Maybe a little less
of the doubled or delayed signal.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I understand where the name ears came from. You nailed this one on the head. I am Davids Drummer and do alot of the mixing. Just now getting into PC mixing. I was trying to broaden the stereo field in my mix and tried to put a tight chorus on each wave to "Pull the sound apart". Anyone with suggestions on something good to use for stereo separation on the final mix and keeps the music full, your suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Great song & full mix, but you need to work on the drums a bit, unless you are going for the real electronic drum sound.

ok I broke down and downloaded "Idaho" after two time outs...also did "Heaven" and "Send a Letter"..."Heaven" most certainly has a big Beatles influence as does "Send a Letter" musically, but they all have the influence on the back-up vocals...maybe too much so...the musicianship is there, man, and I bet something coming from you guys out of another direction could prove truly awesome...but real good stuff as it is, I'm not down on it, just would like to hear something just off the top from ya...

Hey thanks gibs, were not trying to do the beatles atleast I'm not just kinda come out that way my pal from memphis wrote send a letter, yea now he's pretty much lived his life after them great guy though, Thanks Man...

Yo Fishmed,, thanks for the D/L, and no my drummer is'nt going for the electronic drum sound, he just hasnt got any choice right now hoping to get a set of VDrums pretty soon, I thought they sounded killer in jon X's mp3... catcha later.

Back