Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Be nice now

Thanks

Unhappy

Sign in to disable this ad
    You may or may not wanna D/L this, its a long winding muther I know and Im thinking of trying to re record it and making it a little shorter..anywayz its at http://whitelobster.iuma.com the songs called "Idaho" Thanks.

Thanks

Wink

I really like those vocals. I'd also like to hear them more out front. They sounded farther away in the mix to me than some of the instruments. It's got a Pink Floyd does a southern rock ballad feel to it going from verse to chorus. I wouldn't have thought it, but it works well. Are those real drums with some kind of effect on them? I like the song overall.

Thanks

Unhappy

Since IUMA wasn't kickin' down more than 9KB/sec I decided to grab all of your stuff
    simultaneously. I thought that "Send a Letter" tune was straight off of Rubber Soul
    as far as the songwriting. The vocals are competent (compared to Beatle stuff) but I guess I'm conditioned to hearing their voices when I hear tunes like this. That "Alice" tune was really nice, too. I'm not sure of the name of the pop band that you're doing really well here, but that Pink Floyd intro
    doesn't quite cut it. Not that it couldn't.
    "Idaho" <does> work as a Pink Floyd/The Band
    mutation. Those overamped toms are OK for a while; The guitar lead is nice.

Thanks

Angry

Make smaller...me want hear too...computer mine bad...slow...so slowwwww.....gibs

Thanks

Smile

Thanks Jon X for giving a listen, I agree about the vocals being more out front, mixing thru headphones really just dont do it hopefully one day we can get some decent monitors, thanks a bunch...and thank you Doc for your time as well, Rubber soul huh? thats my buddy from memphis that wrote that song "send a letter" hell were just having a good time here throwing stuff up there for our own pleasure, nothing serious.. but we are wanting to upgrade our equipment to make it sound a little bit better. didnt think I was even gonna get a download on this 9mb bitch, but thanks very much guys. David G.

Thanks

Wink

Very nice, I dont know if you were going for a certain sound, but I like it.

Thanks

Wink

Hey David, I listed to the RA of "Idaho" because I decided not to download something so big. It's not your fault, you gotta write what you feel and if it's long, so be it. I just couldn't sit tight for so long. I guess I can't comment on the mix, it wouldn't be fair. I usually don't like to comment on the tune (to each their own ya know?), but I did like it. I'll go back and download something smaller and comment on that is that ok? It's a cop out I know, but I wanted you to know that I did take the time to at least listen to the song!

Thanks

Thumbs up

Hey David, I just downloaded and listened to "Send a Letter" and it's great. I really dig your voice...it reminds me a little of Peter Gabriel. The music on this one is very Beatlesque. Is that an upright bass? I think the tune is a little bottom heavy at least in my headphones, but everything sounds good, just a tad muffled. Great job, I'll definately download more of your stuff!

Thanks

Wink

Good tune. Just a little more up front on the vocals.
    In this tune and most. Maybe a little less
    of the doubled or delayed signal.

Thanks

Wink

Hey thanks Top Jimmy, no I wasn't going for a certin sound just came out that way,as pretty much everything I write does, but thanks man..C Miller I wrote only three of the songs on that page, send a letter was my buddy from Memphis but hey thanks just the same.. now when you gonna replace the "placeholder" lyrics on bicycle? sounded like keepers to me, hell I crank that song nearly every day, love the way that songs put together,great job..thanks again guys.

Thread Information