Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: next attempt at getting better at this

Thanks

next attempt at getting better at this

Sign in to disable this ad
    Alright guys. As I have said here before I am by no means even a half decent guitar player. This song has some really cheesy drum loops in the background. The song also sounds like 3 separate songs pasted together. At first I wanted the song to have a big break in the middle but then this ended up just being a song for me to add pieces to and learn. I am looking more for suggestions on the mix than the song and my playing as I know its crap.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/4/...the%20road.mp3

Thanks
    Is it really that bad?

Thanks
    Damn, I will just give up posting stuff on here I guess.

RAMI Guest
    Don't worry about the lack of response. It's happening to everyone. It's just a little slower around here lately.

I love the guitar tones and textures in this. Not crazy about the drum machine, but it is what it is and it sounds pretty good.

Nice change halfway through when it picks up. Nice playing. Retro yet modern. When the acoustic comes back in near the end, it sounds like a bad punch-in, though.

Overall, very nice playing.

Thanks
    It took WMP several attempts to buffer this enough to get it to play. I'm not sure if it's the host internet provider issue or my WMP. Once it got started, after about 2 minutes, it palyed to 1:00 then stopped and had to buffer again.
    Again at 1:26 and so and on....etc etc... It plays faster than it downloads... This might have frustrated a few listeners who just give up.

I would recommend using Soundclick or Lightningmp3.com for faster access.

From what I heard the mix is good. It's nice and bright and punchy and clear. I agree with Rami's punch in comment. Playing is good too....

Thanks
    DAmn... not really what I expected to hear. I thought you guys were gonna tear this one up. It is a bad start to that acoustic part on the third part. The guy took his taylor back with him though. If you listen to it again the first two acoustic parts are on a takamine g240 (190$) guitar. The last acoustic is on a taylor. So I am waiting for him to bring it back over and re-record it. I played the last lead part and he played the first two and the intro arpegios. I don't really think the first lead part fits the feel of the song. The drum track is just a place holder until I send it off to my friend to play with and record some drums to it and my other frind to add a bass part.

Thanks

Thanks
    I like the middle part, its really cool. The midi drums suck, if you want, I can do some EZdrummer or Addictive for ya (when I have Time). Just give me the tempos.
    elektronika
    PORCH MONKEY 4 LIFE

Thanks
    The Tempo is all at 120 BPM. I used the drums a basically a metronome because I hate the click sounds and I had a few 120 bpm drum samples to play around with. This brings up a question I have though. If you were to make a drum track for me do you just use the mp3 file and make a wav file to send me and I add it to my tracks in REAPER or what? I guess what I am asking is whats the best way to collaborate on these tracks?

RAMI Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by new2mix View Post
    If you were to make a drum track for me do you just use the mp3 file and make a wav file to send me and I add it to my tracks in REAPER or what? I guess what I am asking is whats the best way to collaborate on these tracks?
    That's usually the way I've done it. Chances are, he'd convert the MP3 into a WAV to get into his recording system (or at least, that's what I have to do)...then he'd play along to it and send you back the Wavs.

Thread Information