New website with 12 songs for download, please review

undrgrnd studio

http://www.theundergroundstudio.com/my_music.htm

I just posted this yesterday. Most of the songs are 90-100% completed.

Music Style: Some songs are straight up accoustic rock, some are dark electric rock, one reggae rock prog song, one funk rock song.

There are 3 GOP that are less complete (drums and vocals need retake and addittions), One More Shot (timing screwy at end, needs extra guitar and vocals), Your Good Friend (retake the whole thing, timing and overdriven guitar), and No Espanol (desperately needs drums).

Feel free to keep them, I'll post higher quality versions later when I get more time.

Last edited:
I listened to 'Break of Dawn' so far. Like I commented elsewhere, it reminds me of early Pink Floyd, Obscured by Clouds or Meddle era. Very cool. I hope you get a chance to re-convert these to get rid of those annoying digital artifacts that crept in. Good job. I'll try to listen to some more when I get a chance (dial-up, :o ).

Re-export those songs - there's seriously nasty glitch spikes in there that make my monitors very unhappy.

Sounded cool up until then, though. :p

I get home at 5pm, so I'll get to work

on higher quality MP3's. I used a program called Goldwave to encode the wav's to mp3. I'll use Audition this time and see if they come out better. Sorry for the glitches. They are irritating.

reloaded mp3s

But for some reason I can't completely get rid of the kinks in the files. They sound fine on my pc, but when I upload to my server they get funky. I don't know if it's my ftp software or the server. Something is screwing it up.

Yo man, I do dig your sound. that break of dawn song reminds me hella of pink floyd. Keep doing what your doing. We just started getting some stuff together and hopefully will have some orignals soon but until then all we got are these covers. We just did em last night so we have not gotten any feedback. Appreciate if you would do that since it sounds like you know what your doing. It's good to get feedback from people who know what they are doing. peace.

Here you go

Reggae man - Summer Storm - evokes the scent of ganga and lazy afternoons....very cool tune. Yeah the artifacts are really annoying. But other than that, I would up the vocals and the lead a bit, The harmonies are great. The playing is great - guitar/bass/drums......cool fade....good stuff :D

Thanks! I am really surprised

by the comparisons to Pink Floyd. I love Pink Floyd, but I never would have thought my music would be compared to theirs stylistically. This has been mentioned not just on here. It really is odd. I just never really thought of Floyd as a huge influence to my music. But it all seeps in there over time doesn't it. Thanks for the compliments. :D I'll check out your tunes in the morning on my PC with speakers. This PC doesn't have the speakers hooked up right now. Check back tomorrow.

d_squad54 said:
Yo man, I do dig your sound. that break of dawn song reminds me hella of pink floyd. Keep doing what your doing. We just started getting some stuff together and hopefully will have some orignals soon but until then all we got are these covers. We just did em last night so we have not gotten any feedback. Appreciate if you would do that since it sounds like you know what your doing. It's good to get feedback from people who know what they are doing. peace.

Here you go

Toke it up!

Thanks! I'm working on another reggae tune this week, hopefully it will be ready for posting next week. I was a huge Reggae fan for like 5 years, right before my Beatles stage. I love playing Reggae though. It just fits real comfortably with me. :)

I'm gonna try to fix the artifact problem again tomorrow. It's really starting to piss me off. I spent an hour earlier trying to fix it, and yet they are still there. Thanks for listening bro. And I'll try a remix with louder vox and lead.
ido1957 said:
Reggae man - Summer Storm - evokes the scent of ganga and lazy afternoons....very cool tune. Yeah the artifacts are really annoying. But other than that, I would up the vocals and the lead a bit, The harmonies are great. The playing is great - guitar/bass/drums......cool fade....good stuff :D

OK listened

d_squad54 said:
Appreciate if you would do that since it sounds like you know what your doing. It's good to get feedback from people who know what they are doing. peace.
Here you go

The Hendrix cover was great. Probably my favorite out of the bunch. The guitar was spot on. The vocals sound good as well.

The recordings themselves are actually really good, very clear and bright. The only thing I would recommend for doing these live recordings is to position the mic farther away from you guys. It gets a over driven sometimes. Plus the party sounds are a little bit loud in comparison to the music. The bongos that are played on Santeria are too loud compared with the guitar so try to get that guy farther back in the room or just to play lighter.

You guys should go out and play bars. This exactly what people want to hear when they're out at a bar or something. you guys do a good job on every cover you have posted.

Two fav's are Mary and Wonderful tonight. The Sublime tunes are done great, but i like the attention paid to the other two better. There is a sweet sound on those two.

Back