New Vocal Attempt

drstawl

Banned
This one was inspired by a friend's heavily bummed comments about the water quality at Huntington Beach, CA and a spill of HCl from a tanker truck at a local railyard that got my attention during lunch.
This time I used the Rodents instead of the AKG over a similar but freshly written MIDI background.

It's #5 in the MP3 Gallery:
http://members.home.net/drstawl/midi.html

How do you do it man? Everything you offer us has that now distinctive drstwawl style, yet each new piece is still completely original.

Those Rodents are sounding really nice on the vocals too!!

And I thought Tweek was way out there!!
I like tunes with something to say...and this one certainly puts it right on the line...Hmmmm...Dr. "Dimento" Stawl???? ;)

tata.

Sorry for being so late on this doc...been playing with my new card and monitors :) What can I say man YOU ROCK! To each his/her own but what about a little verb or something on them vocals? just a thought.

David

I was trying for that Peter Gabriel vocal thing and got what I got.
Thanks for your reviews.
As to adding some reverb; I think the dry sound added to the psychotic tone that matched the synth backing. Like some banana stopping you on the street to sing this thing.
Sometimes distance can be a plus.

Hey Doc, that's pretty cool. Kinda depressing. But great none the less. The ocean aint that bad. Is the air that bad? nah... your all in electic cars by now...

[This message has been edited by Emeric (edited 05-14-2000).]

I'm glad the ocean and the air ain't that bad where you reside, but it is seriously compromised where I live and this song is the upshot of that sad realization.
Whenever the volume of sewage reaching the treatment plants along the coast exceed their capacity they just let the shit flow into the ocean without any treatment at all. There's even less control of airborne contaminants.

Doc, listened to your song and it reminded me of a tune someone did about Silver Bay Minnesota years ago. The Taconite industry there used to dump their asbestos tailings, a byproduct of making taconite (concentrated iron ore), into Silver Bay of Lake Superior. As way of protest the song, "The fish Won't Fry in Silver Bay" was written. It was hilarious! It got local air play for quite a while and helped shut down the dumping.

I did chuckle at your song but mostly kept my mouth shut and didn't breath for one minuet and thirteen seconds.

Layth

Yes, the air is a bit better here, but our water isn't the best either. Wasn't meaning to make light of a serious subject. Good song!

I was trying for that tension surrounding witnessing someone who's flipped out over an issue. You know they're right but you don't care because they just scare you.
I really wanted to go into a long multi-verse deal with this but got frozen into those two lines, and then I woke up from the dream.
Uh- nightmare...

Back