new upload

raindrops

Hi yeah new upload.

I've been doing this one for a little while now on and off. The initial inspiration is the section that starts at about 2 20 and started with a few random sounds. The acoustic guitar is actually my electric miced, i quite like that sound and i always like experimenting with different thing.

I like the feel to this track, it starts off slow moving and then gets going towards the end. these are some of my first singing parts for me to do. they are wispering style because it was in the middle of the night and i had to be wisper quiet! i only seem to manage to pluck up the confidence to do some vocals at those sorts of hours. ok so they're not particulary amazing vocals but hey, im gunna start somewhere. Do you think they fit with the piece i think i have lost all objectivity.
i intend to extend the end section and maybe add some vocals to that aswell, whaddya think?

download direct: http://listeningroom.lycos.com/tools/Download.phtml?ID=25376

goto page:
http://listeningroom.lycos.com/fan/bands/nicksellen/Song_25376.html

its called bass, ie it doesnt have a name yet!

ta
nick

Anyone!

Nobody want to listen then. I have few other ways of getting people to listen to my music AND respond without having to be polite. It is most useful having this place unless no one wants to download.
Infact I have just looked and three people have downloaded it I would have to assume they are from here because I don't think many other people have the address for that site. If you have downloaded it, would you care to tell me what you think.

Ta

Nick

raindrops,

Hey man take a chill pill, or as I like to call them downers. Be glad people have downloaded your tune, whether they reply or not.

Anyway, I really liked this one, I even have a title for you, "Insistant ascent into maddness". This is scary sounding, with class and melody. Even when it gets really heavy, it still holds together. Love the ending!!

The whisper works, maybe add more to give it that lost souls feel.

Very nice recording, everything seems balanced.

There, feel better?

Now go listen to mine, and don't reply.

Yeah sorry about that, I was in a strange bad mood I'm not usually in. Thanks for downloading it and for the comments. I think it needs me add other different 'verses' at the present moment it is just the same repeated three time over the course of the piece. I also intend to continue the heavy bit and add some vocals over that. Yeah I like the ending aswell, nice big sounding eighties kit.

Ta
Nick

Returning the favour as requested on my thread. I'll try to be as constructive as possible :)

Thought the intro was little lengthy in this context. It may work well in a live situation, say as the intro track, but I kept wanting it to get to the point.

I like the transition into the psuedo-vocal section from there, and think the fact the vocal is indecipherable actually adds something to the "eerieness" of the track.

The rhythmic intensity shift at about the 3:35 mark works - I like that a lot, but leads to an abrupt ending which I think kills off the momentum built.

With an intro that long, you don't expect a track only 4 minutes or so in length. Stretchy the momentum into a bigger crescendo to end the track might be the ticket.

All in all, I dug the track - and I have a similar circumstance when posting tracks here. People download/listen to the tracks and don't leave a response but GT hit the nail on the head. Take some comfort in the fact that people have taken time out of their day to pay attention to what you've done. That in itself is pretty special.

Nice work - keep on plugging away at it.

Simon

Ulerate - http://mp3.com/ulcerate

Thanks for the download. I didn't mean to come over as a selfish bastard wanting too much from others, just in a bit of a piss at the time.

I'm going to add some extra sounds in the intro section to keep attention going, My aim was to build up an atmosphere with the intro section. I think with those extra sounds it should work well, being not toooo long but not being at ultrafast moving track losing any atmosphere which I think It would if it went past too quickly. What do you think?

I'm going to extend the end section to a cacophonous noise maybe before going into the final little drum bit at the end. I think that might work!?!?!

This is my longest tracks to date, i tend to get to about 3 minutes or so but then it starts dragging on, so I quite pleased that this one has managed to be 4 minutes already. I like to listen to long tracks myself (8 minutes is nice) it gets a much better atmoshphere going, depending on the type of track, A fast upbeat track tends to be 2-3 minutes.

Ok cheers for the download again. And thanks for the comments they are damn helpful.

Ta

Nick

Back