New tune to tear apart

Dragon .. I have tried 4 times now to get your song to play .. it will play .. but it is I am sure not what you intended ... that was in hi fi .... I then went to lofi ...

I listened to the song ...

I cant understand the lyrics ... at all ...

I understood the word island twice on it ...

to be honest ... although it may just be because this is not my type of music ... but I really didnt like the song ....

maybe if I could here what you are saying it would make a difference ...

sorry ... Lana

DW, did you disable the download option? I'm lucky if I can stream this BBS let alone a song. Please allow download, or if you prefer not to, don't. It's an option, little checkmark box 'allow users to download' or something along those lines.

Sorry guys I allowed download. Maybe I should upload it again.
I listened to it on low fi but since I know the lyrics I could understand them. I will check it out.

The lyrics are

I go to work its never ever done
I come home my wife she dont give me none
Its time for me to go and have some fun
Down in the Islands
Hot fun in the sun

Youll find me flirting with the Island girls
youll find me shooting tidal wave curls
Youll find me living in another world
down in the islands
hot fun in the sun

Chorus
Youll find me swimming in the mountain streams
youll find me swinging from the jungle trees
youll find me sailing on the deep blue seas
down in the islands
fat cat american

Youll find me toking on the ghanja bud
youll find me getting a full body rub
youll fine me laying in the island mud
down in the islands
hot fun in the sun

Youll find me doing the scuba
youll find me acting like a foola
youll find me spending all my moolah
down in the Islands
fat cat american

Chorus

OH MAN ... I love them !!!!

I wanna hear this again .. after you get it fixed !!

awesome lyrics ! Lana

Thank you Lana, I really dont know whats wrong, I have to go back and listen to it again. You never have to say your sorry for dissing one of my tunes, I been playing for 40 years and have been dissed often enough to be used to it by now.

I just feel bad when I give a bad review .. lol..

and I didnt want you to think that I was lashing out at you for other things that may have happend !

:)

Lana

Two things dragonworks,

I would recommend re-encoding that mp3 with a little bit better a codec. It's choppy on the hi-fi because the codec used has some rather 'huge' holes in it. The file is recognized as a 48kb/s mp3 which is fairly poor quality in itself. In the help on NoWhere is a little bit of info on how you should do this. I recommend 128kb/s.

Once the mp3 is re-encoded from the source, make sure it has EXACTLY the same file name (it is case sensative), and upload it to NoWhere again. This will overwrite the old copy.

Second, use the 'quil' beside the song in the 'upload/edit song' section and put a checkmark beside 'allow all download' so that low bandwidth users can download to listen in top quality.

Any questions, just shout!

W.

I'm Already Biased On This Song...

Because I heard the man hisself play it at the East Coast HomeREC Bash last week-end. And I love this tune.

But if I MUST, I will download it & say this all over again...;)

DJ

dragonworks, i think that could be a real catchy tune! But i agree that the vocals are hard to understand. However, i was lucky when i set it to play (lo-fi i couldn't download either), i just read the words along as you sang. Good job!

t

Hope you can fix the technical difficulty....with what little I heard and what I read I'd really like to hear this tune!

Well I got it uploaded again at 128bps but it still comes out the same, you should be able to download it though. It plays fine as an mp3 on my computer? I give up.

Last edited:
No problems downloading the lower of the two versions.

Okay - tearing apart... starting... NOW!

This song is one part Dr John, one part Grateful Dead, one part something else playful. Good work, dude. I've heard a couple of others you've done. I like it when you get weird. More, please.

The sound: came across kinda harsh through my headphones, but because I don't play band music, I don't know why that is - what does it need? A limiter? More tubes? EQ on the upper mids? Dunno... Also, I wanted the vocals more upfront. How far from the mic do you sing?

Performance: tight and relaxed.

The song: good one.

That steel drum sound fits like a glove. Really good work. I like your music.

Back