New Tune I Am Working One...Heavyish

serious tune.. nice vocals! Did you use a pitch shifter on some of the back up vocals? very Phil like! nice guitar sound..

I like it!

Nice riffing! Sorta makes me think of Mudvayne, in a good way ;)

Only thing that bothers me right of is the cymbal that's doing the main part of the work. Sounds a bit thin an brittle..

Cool songwriting, very nice song. A keeper.

Yes, ill second the mudvayne comment. Are the drums triggered? The snare sounds a little to electronic in my opinion, if they aren't triggered then im gonna feel stupid for that comment.
Good sound overall though. You really captured the low end on those guitars.

thanks!!

Hey thanks for the comments. I did the vocals all without a pitch shifter. In the chorus i just screamed a little higher, and a little lower,and mixed them together. The drums are triggered, i tried a different snare sound thani usually do. And i used an unclicky bass drum. the cymbal is funky sounding i agree. Thanks for the comments...i'll repost it init's final stage later

man nice, i like this. how the heck are you doing the drums. are you using a real drum kit or somthing. they sound great. vocals are awesome realy dig them. im always looking for new ways to do drums and i love the sound you gott from this mix. please clue me in if you dont mind? im working on some new metal myself and i can only hope it turns out this nice. thanks for sharing, and by the way even though i am a christian i believe anyone who would hurt a child is the lowest form of life there is and i realy like the hatred and anger you showed towards this topic. good job man. god bless.

Drum Setup

Hey Flash, first thanks for the compliments. The drums i play on are Tama Rockstar Customs, the 22 inch bass drum, with 8,10,12,13,16 inch toms. I use all Sabian Pro's. I really like the sound of Sabian Pros, and they are mid line pricewise. I play 12in hats, 15in crash, 14in crash, 8in china splash, 22in ride, 16in china, and a black beauty cowbell. I trigger all of my drums from the Alesis DM Pro module. I use redshot, and Ddrum triggers. The key is to get enough of the acoustic drums to ring through to catch the nuances of your playing. I sometimes trigger just the bass drums, or just the snare. But in this case it was everything. I compress my cymbals a little to even out some ringing. I am actually a guitar player...but am getting much better on the drums...even though the drummer in my band won't admit it...he has ego issues! That may be more than you wanted to know...but that covers it. Once again appreciate the compliments...and yeah child molestation is sic!!!

Just a note, alot of people trigger to cover up a less than great sounding kit...i do just for the ease, and accuracy,and variety of sounds you can achieve. Tons of metal guys trigger, i am just into the sound.

lol i have yet to work with a drummer that doesnt have a ego problem. thanks for all the info, ive been saving and putting my money in a drum account to get a double bass kit and start to learn as soon as possible, i would like to run triggers to. all i know is your drum sound tottaly rips man. thanks for sharing and i realy enjoy your guitar work as well, very nice tone. i just gott a zoom gfx8 and im loving it so far it has some great metal possibilities. god bless

Yea!This deserves ressurection.Very nice.Hearing the Pantera influence..and maybe some Korn.Not crazy about vox when it's doubled.I like the dryer quality of the single track.Ending was so,so.Stay F-ing Heavy!!!!!Cool tune!Short!

I'll have to go against the grain (no pun) and say I didn't dig the vocals, but I don't dig forced vocals in general.

The rest of the tune kicks some serious ass, and sounds pretty damn good. Only nit pick is it's too short!:D

Nice to hear some heavy shit in here!

:cool:

Good song man. Your guitar sound has really improved. Gotta give you props for playing all the roles too.

Ohh hoy....
This is the real heavy guitar sound I am looking for, very nice.
The first riff reminds me of Pantera, powerfull....
I not into the "death metal singing" but this has class, and it´s nice when the vox turns to "normal singing" very effectfull.

Rock on
/Jocke

Back