New tune - Come the Storm

I'm only listening on bookshelf speakers w/ a sub, but it sounds pretty freakin' decent as is.

Personally, I'd bring up the organ a bit, but you've got a pretty good balance going so far though. The vocal sounds pretty heavily processed, but kind of cool nonetheless.

Nice guitar tones and a good, solid performance. Good luck with that brick wall...sorry I can't be more help.

Very nice feel to this one - lovely guitar playing, lovely tone - great recording as well. How could you make it better? Only really a matter of a few different mix choices... A little less reverb on the vocals & drums I think would be a start. At present the tone of the reverb detracts from the warmth of the tune...Try warming up the reverb a little by low-passing the very top end out of it & maybe de-essing it as well, as the sibilance from the vocal is really triggering it. Otherwise I can't really fault it - very tasty!

Very nice feel to this one - lovely guitar playing, lovely tone - great recording as well. How could you make it better? Only really a matter of a few different mix choices... A little less reverb on the vocals & drums I think would be a start. At present the tone of the reverb detracts from the warmth of the tune...Try warming up the reverb a little by low-passing the very top end out of it & maybe de-essing it as well, as the sibilance from the vocal is really triggering it. Otherwise I can't really fault it - very tasty!

I agree completely with the reverb being too much, one of my faults is always over processing things. Especially my voice as I can't really stand the sound of it. The lo pass and de-essing is something I never really thought of but your bang on the money there. I think I will probably re-record the vocal. I over processed it mainly because I recorded it without a pop shield and there were some quite nasty pops on it

after listening back to it a few times I am wondering if the bass is a little bit too low as well

Back