new tune

very nice.
I can barely tell that there are 2 acoustics which tells me you did a great job recording and blending them.

I'll echo chrisharris' comment about the voice dropping out a little. Low vocals are tough to record. You've got a great voice.

The tamborine could be softened a little. Maybe with reverb?

Did you clear your throat around 4:16? Sorry to get nit-picky - I get nit-picky when I likes;) I heard something else around 1:14. Should be easy things to get rid of.

Nice tasteful bass playing. Good job.

hey B., thanks dude. Yeah, still struggling with the singging. This is one of the first times doing a tune with the vocals being tracked alone. I've been working on this a lttle, so if i try some effects stuff it won't screw with the other instruments. And I know I missed the buttons a few times on the bass. he he he he

south, yeah, first guitar double miked, and second guitar double miked. And I think I did do a throat thing a couple times. The tambo was with the drum patch. Maybe some verb on the whole patch would help. Thanks for the listen and comments.

dtb

Sounds really great dtb.
Nice writing.

Guitars are much fuller on this one.
If I got your other post right,you double tracked it and reversed the mics?

Is the chorus D/C played in the C position to G?
Thats one of my favorite little runs.

I dig the sound of your voice as always,the 67 is a really intimate sounding mic,perfect for acoustic stuff.

If I could offer a minor suggestion,the stick or rim hit you have going on seemed out of place to me.
The guitar/bass /kick sounded perfect for the tune.JMHOP

Another fine tune my friend,thanks for sharing it,
Pete

thanks Pete, when I double miked the guitar I had the v67 on the fat end and the 603s pointed at the 12th fret, then I double miked the second guitar with the mics switched around the other way. Just trying something. The fullness is four tracks of guitar with a little panning going on. The chorus part; the "D" is using a "C" 2 frets up, and then sliding back for the "C". Does that make since. The drums was a patch on my casio keyboard. I found one that ended up working with the guitar chords, giving the "guitar/bass/kick" sound. Just happened to work. I'm not sure if the drum patch can be tweaked on the casio. I'm sure it can but I haven't figured it out yet. I'm lazy.

Thanks,

dtb

Hey D,
....yeah man, the guits sound extra special on this one. ..very warm. I know you love those hot vocs, so im gonna quit bitchin about em:D :p :) aww fuckit.... just a little compression..... ...just a little:) . Nice songwriting man. ...real pretty tune.
....everytime i hear one of your tunes, i wanna reach for a bottle of Yukon and go relax on the porch:) ...that is most definitely a good thing.

g

BPOCO sez ....

dtb ... are you really John Prine? This song - and your voice - is certainly reminiscent of his style.

Good tune. Guitars sound great. Bring up the lead solo. Vocals a little too hot for my tastes. Like the Casio percussion.

BPOCO

bpoco, no, but I did write all his tunz. he he he, just kidding. thanks, I do like him alot, but I never bought any of his music. my style just developed from my voice, and the fact that I can't play anything but real simple music. I only know 3-4 chords. and if I ever figure out this compression stuff, I may get a handle on the hot vocals.

dtb said:
I can't play anything but real simple music. I only know 3-4 chords. and if I ever figure out this compression stuff, I may get a handle on the hot vocals.

C'mon dtb !!!!

You strum those 3 or 4 really sweet!
This is very clean.........it kinda reminds me of being a kid and spinning lp's (I have no idea why!)

Great composition, fine singing and words.
Perfect arrangement for this style.

Some of the best stuff I have heard here is also some of the simplest arrangements.

Can I butcher this for the latest challenge in march??? ;)

:D jcmm :D

:D jcmm:D , thanks for the kind words. and you are more than welcome to it for any reason. have fun.

dtb

Back