New Tune

The hihats are a tragedy. I think this is suffering from poor mp3 encoding. Love the guitar tones. Kick is way too loud or the snare is too quiet. I think the snare is to quiet. Really good engaging vocal that makes me want to keep listening. Could maybe pan things out a little and make it a bit more interesting, it's a bit stacked down the middle as it is.

Good song, thanks for sharing

Alec

Well it sure is a well written song, I'd like to know if it's all midi generated, drum machine plus real guitars or not. The mix does seem a bit crowded in the middle of the stereo field. I do think that the solo break could use some spicing up. If it is mostly keyboard, I would experiment with some of the patch voices(the high end bells) that clash with the heavy guitar. Not that they compete for space, but just don't mesh IMHO.

Great vocals and lyrics, well produced.

Lemon Tree.
Thanks for the reply I agree with your opinion on the drums but they are a loop downloaded from the net.
I will hopefully find a real drummer sometime.

Digitalsmigital
Thanks also, I have recorded for many years on analog gear.
I recently have moved over to recording on a computer.
Your comments make me feel like I am finally grasping this recording thing.

Thanks for the comments guys its realy appreciated.

Lee.

P.s

This was all done in my home studio.
Gear list: P3 800mhz Computer, running cubase sx.
Dual Monitor Screens.
All the keys are from the A1 synth that comes with cubase.
Gtr's yamaha Apx7 acoustic (My baby)
Aria pro 2 Electric Run through a Behringer V-amp 2.
Vocals and Acoustic run through Joe Meek Mq3 Pre and M-Audio
Dmp3 Pre.
Mics:
Studio projects B1
Superlux Cm-H8A
Bass played by my 14 year old son (So proud gush)

M-Audio BX5 Monitors.

I have just moved over from the Analog domain.
So I think I may be finally getting this recording thing on computers.

Thanks again

Lee

Last edited:
I think the guys covered the mix for you. The snare needs to come up. That's the most glaring thing to me, mixwise. The song is good though. Nice tempo and the vocals were working.

Check yourself. Funny thing, the words "lose" and "losing" are the most miiissppelled words that I see on the internet, so, you're not alone. LOL.

I like the song. Really I like the song better than I like the performance / production. I just think you need to team up with a really good guitarist who could be creative with a guitar and add a lot to the song. I think the keys all work well. And the vocal has a uniqueness about it that makes you listen.

All of the breaks between chorus and verse seem a little shakey to me. Maybe its just me.

All and all a good listen.

Didn't read the rest, so I apologize if these are "reruns" -

Encoding sounds strange and is throwing the highs out of whack...

Sounds like there's a pretty decent recording in there somewhere though... The underlying mix sounds nice - Snare rolls sound good but snare in general could come up a whisker...

For the most part it sounds cool... It could spread out more here and there...

Any way you could put up a file with better encoding? Maybe a 192 or something?

John -

Back