new track, new style

teddyastuffed

hey everyone! i recently made this track and am fairly new to the art of making beats and rapping, so bare with me ;o. just craving some critiques on how im doin and if my direction is decent. remember im fairly new to makin beats and what not, so bare with it if u think it sounds like poop -_-. and im not a rapper ;o. just someone with a love of all music! anyways, thanks for any input and enjoy.

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=1239

Good rapping dude. People that aren't into rap probably don't appreciate how hard it is to do well. I would maybe bring the vocals down a little bit, I find them a bit too loud. The only other suggestion I would make is to add a high hat or something that a drummer would ride on for the second verse or sometime later in the song. It just seems like the rythm needs something to pick it up as the tune progresses. Besides that, good stuff. Reminds a bit of "Murder was the Case" from Snoop.

Always loved that fast kind of rapping, even though im not into rap I am into what sounds good, and that does. The instrumentals are very different, I really dig it. I agree with RAMI about adding something to it later in the song. But art has no limitations or rules.

Ben

thanks for the replys guys! thats a great idea (a driving flow to the drum beat). i never really thought of doing anything like that. i just loved the sound of a really simple drum beat with the errie noises around it (somewhat of a ras kass / mobb deep beat) that i never really thought of changing it or making it build up. ill try messing around with that. thanks again for inputs and im glad u guys like it. i personally thought my vocals were somewhat weak, but thats just cuz i dont like my voice (i think !).

thanks again

Back