New too the Forum...Some tunes :)

Coolsville

Hey

Ive been lurking around for a bit and finally decided to sign up. This seems like an awesome forum

I would really dig some input on a couple of tracks....good or bad

there are four tracks here...

w w w . songplanet . net / Ryan /

EDIT: Properly uploaded MP3s in the below post

thanks

Last edited:
Listened to the first song, Questions. I dont have too many comments about the mix, it all seems really nicely recorded and has a polished feel. I just wonder if you mastered it at all, and over compressed it, as it feels kind of crushed at points. When the first chorus kicks in at about 1:10 something wierd is going on with the overall sound, but im not sure what.

listening on a laptp outside with the nieghbors dogs barking, but from what i can tell...this is really really good stuff man!!!

Properly Uploaded MP3s

I apologize, I read the mp3 post at the top of the forum and didn't realize that it was possible to uplaod mp3s straight into a post. The link I had originally posted may have scared some folks away.

Thanks Klutzee! are you sure it wasn't my music making the dogs freak out? haha

Neeeel, "Questions" was a bit of trouble for me. The "Mix", most of the time, I can arrange correctly. However, when it comes to mastering, compression, limiting ect. drives me crazy. I use both headphones and monitors, and when a balance is reached and the track sounds good on both I dub it as "Complete." As for the bit before the first chorus. In not entirely sure why it does sound strange.

Once again, thanks for the posts and suggestions. When it comes to mastering I could really use some advice.

Ryan

Attachments

• 05 Missing Pages.mp3
    4.2 MB · Views: 5
  • 03 Life In Grey.mp3
    8.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 08 Glow.mp3
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 06 Questions.mp3
    6.6 MB · Views: 1
Back