New take on folk song "Annable Lee"

This sounds great, shaker is perfect (I would even say it could go up a bit). The vocals sound awesome - excellent performances all round, love the percussion!

Mark is doing some Playing with a Community Jazz Group, but other than that I am not sure.

He had told me he was needing a break from gigging heavily and just needed something very casual.

I hope to reconnect more with Mark myself after the first of the year!

That's good to hear. He's a great player and a very nice guy.

I looked for your studio (from your signature), but the site doesn't seem to be live.

---------- Update ----------

This sounds great, shaker is perfect (I would even say it could go up a bit). The vocals sound awesome - excellent performances all round, love the percussion!

Thanks very much!

This sounds awesome. Amazing vocal and great playing all over. I totally agree with the earlier comment that this would work well in a movie! Keep up the great work!

yup

I looked for your studio (from your signature), but the site doesn't seem to be live.

Yes, I closed down the website about 2 years ago when the price for hosting my site got too high with GoDaddy.

I also pulled away from being really active in the studio as well because my Job became too much of a beating with the long hours and the long drive.
I just had no life after work.

That is why come next year I am leaving my Job and taking a partial retirement so I can Play and Record without so many time restrictions.
It is time to enjoy life again!

I will be finding a host for the website and reopening the studio, but I am changing my focus.
I am really only interested in opening the studio to others for Tracking only and then handing Folks their tracks at the end of the sessions to edit, mix etc in their own places.

I have good rooms, good pres and mics, so I want to offer quiet rooms for folks to track who don't have the facility at their homes and smaller studios.
I will also offer my services for playing drums, percussion, Upright and Electric Bass and acoustic guitar as long as it is within my talent level.

My plans any way...LOL
And to play... as MUCH as possible!

Yes, I closed down the website about 2 years ago when the price for hosting my site got too high with GoDaddy.

I also pulled away from being really active in the studio as well because my Job became too much of a beating with the long hours and the long drive.
I just had no life after work.

That is why come next year I am leaving my Job and taking a partial retirement so I can Play and Record without so many time restrictions.
It is time to enjoy life again!

I will be finding a host for the website and reopening the studio, but I am changing my focus.
I am really only interested in opening the studio to others for Tracking only and then handing Folks their tracks at the end of the sessions to edit, mix etc in their own places.

I have good rooms, good pres and mics, so I want to offer quiet rooms for folks to track who don't have the facility at their homes and smaller studios.
I will also offer my services for playing drums, percussion, Upright and Electric Bass and acoustic guitar as long as it is within my talent level.

My plans any way...LOL
And to play... as MUCH as possible!

Sounds great! Best of luck to you. :)

It really sounds good. I don't hear anything anyone could complain about. Really nice job performing, recording and mixing.

Back