new stuff if you want to check it out!

jacobs

http://jpj.arebad.com

hey, i posted some newish stuff from my new band. its all pre-our new singer/guitarist. i tried not to do too much different stuff on the 2 guitar tracks, didn't want to plan out the new guys stuff before he came up. i'm also playing all the bass since our bassist wasn't with us when i recorded. new stuff featuring all the actual members will be up soon.

recording process:

tama starclassic 18,14,12,10 kit w/ pearl masters snare, evans g2 coated heads, and a bunch of zildgians.

mic'd with a d112 on the kick, 57 on the snare, and two octavia's for overheads. recorded through a macki 1604, into a minidisc at my practice space.

brought drums into nuendo. recorded guitars with both a 78' sg standard, and a gibson 135 ripoff through a jcm 800 that was mod'd out the wazoo. mic'd with a 57, through the mackie. bass was direct through a pandora px-2.

used a bunch of compression in the mixdown. almost the standard "drumset" preset for the ME compressor, tweaked only a little bit on that. bass was compressed a lot.

check it out and tell me what you think! (song 4 on the page was recorded with one mic at our practice space, the rest were done as described above)

jacob

I listened to uhhh 1...Good job bro-I use a similar drum micing setup and I gotta say your drums sound better than mine(most of the time)...tough recording real drums. Guitar sounds are big-very big-they could probably be a bit more defined-especially when they drop in volume and distortion-a little more presence-high end maybe...The snare has a hollow kind of sound as well-maybe a bit more snap--maybe a bit more stereo spread on the drums--or the cymbals at least--when he's whacking away at cymbals, things get kinda messy. Love the distortion sound on the guits. I'll check out another one later. Interesting tune, nice work.

site isnt working for me..

Action canceled
Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable.

sorry for the site issues, i'm not sure why they wouldn't work. its deifnately been fixed, and is working now

jacob

Last edited:
Back