New song - Woke Up Dead

In my ears the high end sizzled a tad much for my ears. Seemed not as clear as could be down in the mud zone. I canb't it sounded muddy, but that area didn't seem as clean as it could be.

I didn't hear any timing issues, at around 2:45 the guitar could come down a bit.

I will say this, it shows very much how good of a musician you are. Nice good flow, good fillers where they belong. Just really pro-level playing.

Nice clean recording. On headphones the intro guitar on the left is...too far to the left. Is there a lazy note at 2.03? First impression of the percussion (tambo?) that comes in at 2.26 seems to detract from the lead guitar. But on a second listen I think I got used to it. Vocals sound good. A few minor tweaks is all this needs. Good job

Thank you very much. Especially for the kind words on my playing, DM.

I'm seriously losing my hearing in the upper range these days, so I'm probably cranking up the cymbals and hihats to compensate. I expected to see those kind of comments. Not sure what I'm going to do about that.

There's no tamborine so it might be the hihat. I pull it down a bit. And I can work on the kick and bass a little more.

Thanks again. Oh, I do like the guitar panned wide like that. To me, it feels resolved when the rest of the band comes in and balances it out. I like those little tricks. :)

Very nice song Chili. Listening on cans, I agree with some of the comments. I do wide guitar pans too, but tend to agree with Bull that the intro guitar may be a tick too far over, but I am sure listening on anything but cans it probably sounds fine. BUT, when the vocals come in it evens out the total sound nicely. My only crit about the guitar sound is that the lead sounds a little twangy and harsh, but other wise they sound excellent. I really love the openness of the song and how you can hear the little "extra sounds" from drums and such. Vocals sound great too. Great job.

Thanks Bru. I too think the lead guit is probably a little strong in the mid freqs. That was one of the comments I was expecting to read. That and the high end being to crispy.

I haven't revisited the song yet. Probably work on it again over the weekend.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

I like the wide guitars and the way they mesh , kinda Stonesish , Im listening on a pair of monitors that are spread about 4 feet apart and like the stereo spread of everything... nice playing and vocals , dig it!

Back