New song, "Wait"

Took awhile to connect and start playing.....no biggee....

Pretty good quality as you said. The mix is such that I can hear everything and it's blending together well.

The vocals seem somewhat buried in the mix. Lost in the music or maybe in the reverb/compression a bit. They are there but could come up a touch in clarity.

Very cool dual guitar breaks....

Drums are snappy and drive it along well....

Can share your processing/signal path with us?

I'm getting a U2 vibe on this....lots of strong rhythm guitar...

Pretty cool man.
Dig the driving rhythm. Very full sound... sounds like some cool flange in there too.
Can sound a bit muddy at times on my speakers, but overall very cool ;)

Cool! It's got a certain indie quality to it and it makes me think of Smashing Pumpkins too.

I like the way your vocals kinda lays in the background, I think that suits the song. But try to re-record some parts as you're of tune here and there and that's not so cool. :o

The guitars, are they done with AdrenaLinn?

Good job!

Thanks guys :) Let's see. there's a lot of guitar layers in there, all done with a PodXT Live direct into my Delta-1010LT card. I use Sonar to record and for the drums. The main guitar channels are a 50% left playing full chords with a flange effect, a 50% right for the main guitar lead, and a center channel power chord guitar. On the solo it's a standard 50% left/right dual guitar. I approached this song from more of an electronic music style, doing whole parts at a time and looping them. I kept the drums intentionally electronic sounding, to give it that new kind of almost dance beat. The smashing pumpkins were definitely an influence so I'm glad someone called that out :) The other major influence was sort of an 80's, almost Bowie feel. I had the Neverending Story theme kinda in my head with the persistant beat, and also a sort of video game music feel.

I'll get around to redoing the vocals eventually. I hear some problem areas myself.

Last edited:
I thought I'd mention the vocals. They are pretty highly compressed due to the alternating volumes from going into falsetto. Then run through an "Amp sim" effect in Sonar to give it a strong mid boost / walkie-talkie kind of effect, but just slight. Then small reverb. I then ran background vocals in an experimental kind of way, running 2 backup vocal layers 100% left and 100% right with no compression or effects other than reverb. I did the effects on the main vocal track to try to give the vocals more "cut" to bring them out in the mix without making them too loud. If you think it's too covered now, it was worse before I did that. I wanted to sing the song softly but still have the vocals be audible, and that's what I came up with. I'm not sure if I like it as well as I thought I would, but I do think it works.

I love this tune. Everytime I thought of something to change I was like nah it's cool just like that. Someone said the vocals were buried or something but I think that makes the song. I thought maybe the drums could be louder but then again, nah. :D
very cool man!

Like the tune

The only thing I would change, and maybe it's just a personal thing, is to turn down the effect level on the flangefied guitar. I like the way the vocals sit with the mix, very groovey song.

Ok, I still think the vox could come up a hair :rolleyes: but not as buried as I thought on first listen hehe

I for sure hear the pumpkins influence as someone mentioned above..

nice job again!

Back