new song up.

flash2ace

well guys i finnally posted a new song. its another cover song . old acdc song called dt from the movie maximum overdrive. i didnt have quite as much trouble with this one even though my hand gott tired towards the end of the solo so i faded the solo out. im still not quite myself since my surgery. i like the sound of the drums on this one, the bass drum might be a bit to thumpy but its hard to tell with my crappy monitors. go ahead and check it out and thanks for your time guys. tim pate http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1751&alid=-1

Damn dude, I thought this was gonna be "Who Made Who" and this way I was gonna hear you sing!!!

Sounds good though, I like the ax sound and you are coming right along with those drum sounds...see I told you a little reverb!!!
I noticed the fade on the solo but that solo sounds good...

For those about to rock...FIRE!!!!
WE SALUTE YOU!!!
The King

thanks king

yeah my hand went numb wright as i was ending the solo, after playing the rythm tracks it was just to much, i guess i need to spread the recording time out over a few more days so my hand dont cramp so much,im probably gonna have to have another surgery on my right hand because im still waking up with numbness and my fingers lock shut, but i gave this 100 percent and playing the drums by hand just about killed me lol and they went out of sync on a couple of beats that i can hear. i think personally the hi hat is a little loud but my monitors are pretty crappy so its so hard to tell. the mix sounded good through my headphones and as good as i could get it through my pc speakers. i used to be a ok lead player, i was into yngwie malmstein jason becker stevie ray and eric johnson to name a few but my hands just cant do it anymore. thanks for your comments king see ya around. tim pate

Definitely has that 80's finish to the sound, doesn't it.... :) Quantization is a bit off on the drums, But for what appears to be played live on a keyboard, not half bad! Good, solid, crunchy rhythm guitar sound... What's there of the solo was on the money! SO sorry to hear you're not well, what did you have operated on?

Cheers!
Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor
www.llarion.com
- Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.

hafta agree with llarion about drums........jeeez,....lol.
however the guitar sounds really good ..good chops..i dont have chops so to speak..this is reallllly short tho....come on finish it.....(only if you fix those drums tho)..lol:D

cool .

mr. I Knowitall

Real nice guitar playing on this one. My only feedback would be to maybe try reworking the drums. They are a bit off ... fixing these may make this get off the ground ...

Good guitar playing all around!

thanks for the coments guys, i had carpal tunnel surgery done on both wrist, and now my right wrist is gonna need it done again. this is the full song guys its a old acdc song and it was the theme song from maximum overdrive the movie. it is a fairly short song you are wright but that is all of it, although i suppose i could make it longer , i was just trying to keep it close to the original as possible, i have to go back in next week and get my right and redone with surgery and they gotta access my left hand again which is at about 65 percent usable now according to my doctor and physical therapist. i have played guitar for like 20 years now and as much as i love it id rather have had my dick cut off than have my hands go to hell the way they did. thanks for all the great comments you guys are great here. thanks and ill try and retrack the drums even though that is harder on my hands than playing guitar. but i wanna have it sound wright, thanks tim pate

oh and i forgott to comment to elvis about singing acdc, are you kidding me i cant sing like that lol, i have more of a don dokken voice. but ill get somthing up with singing soon.

Tim, it's amazing that you can do this under the conditions you describe. I know everybody here is pulling for you to get full use back. I hope you give yourself time to heal, and don't rush things.
The tune sounds good. Keep us posted on the status of your hands, bro.

Mark

NO NO dont get full use back, you sound too good already!!!
Ha Ha just kidding, of course we are all pulling for you, hey what does your nickname mean??

Liked the guitar playing and the whole guitar sound you got on this one.

The one additional thing I might offer is the overal level seems a bit quiet.

hey man ... your are "zooming" around aren't you ... :D ... got to play with new toy ... :D ... to bad only one run at the end ...

it is a little low in level but I liked the mix and instrument placement ...

to bad about the hands ... hope it heals ... give it a rest ... the toys can wait ...

cheers

actually i had the nickname flash all the way through high school because i had a bright orange almost flouresent westone guitar with the graphite neck on it, my band started calling me flash, we would always practice after school and in the auditorium at the school so i would be coming from zazz band and i would be running down the hall with this orange guitar, so they started calling me flash. the 2ace part hmmmm. ace had somthing to do with ace frheley from kiss im sure, and the 2 sounded good inbetween. but thats pretty much the scoop on the name. im gonna start using my real name on my song page i think, my wife always worrys about internet fraud but im sure there are alot of tim pates out there. the only reason im even recording wright now is so when my hands get back to full percentage i will have this mixing thing down. i gott some projects coming over to record soon mostly friends where i aint gotta do much playing. so that will be cool. besides i love the recording end of it to. thanks guys for all your kind thoughts, i know i will heal because i wont settle for anything less, by christmas i will be back at 100 percent, at least that is my goal. thanks all tim pate

yeah one of mine to, he never gott much freedom to express in kiss, i like vinnie vincent to. kiss has had some great guitarist but they never realy cut loose in kiss, but i suppose that would have taken away some of kisses style. and im a big kiss fan from the beggining. seen them live like 9 times now lol. im still trying to figure out fruity loops because it would be so much easier on my hands if all i had to do was program the drum tracks, is there anyone here that could explain from getting fonts to installing them in fruity loops and then how to call them up for use, im not terribly familar with drum synthesis because ive always worked with my best friend who was a drummer and he was awesome, he died in a car crash 2 years ago gott hit by a drunk driver, so now im stuck with synthesis and without a very dear friend. thanks to anyone who attempts to explain this to me. and elvis if you ever wanna do a collaberation let me know, you gott some good voxs going on and your a hell of a guitarist to. thanks tim pate

Sorry about your hands....I also have carpal tunnel but I'm putting the surgery off until I absolutely have to have it.
The song.....I found the guitars to have a very distant sound to them. Maybe too much 'verb or mixed too softly....not just volume but tonally. And the drums were out of time rather frequently. But props to ya' for doing anything at all when you're having the problems you're having. I hope to see you fully recover, keep on working on it.

Flash
Enjoyed the listen..........
The recovery will take time so be patient, and most of all never give up. I have always had a philosiphy that I can do anything........... It's just that some things take a long time!

I have nothing new to add about the tune, things have been pretty well covered already.

I really wanted to give you some well deserved stars........
Seems you get drilled sometimes in the ratings!

Hang in there!
jcmm

Oh dude, I'm developing CTS in both hands. I'm nowhere near the need for surgery yet, but I imagine I'll have to in my life... I'm so sorry... :( May you heal completely and pain free..

Cheers,
Phil

Hey Flash ... Sorry to hear about your hands, man! My Mom had to have that surgery awhile back.

Hope all goes well. Probably playing the guitar for so long will help you heal faster.

Take care ... :)

Back