New song - Under the Blood Red Sky

hmmm.....having to register to listen to it is gonna put a lot of people off. Upload it somewhere simple like Lightening mp3 or Box.net.

This could work, but it needs help.
1) Pay $15 and get a guitar tuner. The guitar is out of tune.
2) Song needs more structure. It sounds like one long verse. Needs verses, chorus, maybe a bridge where you change up the chord progression. Otherwise it gets monotonous.
3) I hear chairs creaking, rustling, even thought I heard the guitar bump into something hard once. Mics pic up everything. You need to pay closer attention when the mic is turned on to keep quiet except for the playing of the instrument.
4) Room treatment, room treatment, and more room treatment. It's hard for people here to realize, but I keep harping on it because it is THE MOST important requirement to getting good tracks to mix. You simply can not get great recordings if your sound waves are bouncing around the room creating comb filtering and standing waves.

Yeah, you want to watch the background noise. If you added on purpose as an effect, I suppose it's kind of cool, but I'm guessing it wasn't intentional.

Yes, you need to tune that guitar better. It's a good idea to tune between each take.

I'd turn up the main vocal and turn down the backup.

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions. I'm going to take them all into consideration. Try to add more structure and diversity. And I didn't even realize the guitar was out of tune because I'm kind of an airhead I guess. I really do need a tuner. I just usually try and tune it to itself. I'm kinda a guitar newbie so that's also why, heh, :)

Thanks again. When I do the things you all said I'll post the updated version to see what you all think.

Back