New Song - Theme Song for a friend's radio show

Norman Vegan

A friend of mine just got his own radio show in San Francisco called CUBEFOUR SPORTS.

He asked me to write and record a theme song.

Because show has its roots on the web (it started out as an email sports column to friends and mushroomed) I decided to include some "techie" elements like loopy drums and vocoder voices on the choruses.

Let me know what you think.

http://artists.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/Norman_Vegan/

It'll work!!

The "cubefour" chorus part is great, and PERFECT for sports radio breaks and voice overs.

You're site didn't mention it, but I'm thinking you listened to some "Talking Heads" in your distant past.

Kinda' slow here...maybe you'll get some more ears in a bit.

Cool mix. No critiques of the mix at all. The lyrics seemed a bit "hoakie", but I agree with chris...the "cubefour" chorus part is very cool. Maybe do a shorter version without the verse vocals for an intro/voice over thing also (but then you've probably thought of that). Great work!

Thanks for the kind words, Monte.

I'm (hopefully) going to do some more mixes of various bits that can be used as "bumpers" (going to commercials, etc.)

nice melody and all. ... but, I think the vocals probably need to be extremely dominant for your particular situation. I found trying to decifer the lyrics a challange at times. ....but then again, I'm just barely over 20:rolleyes:

Nice chorus. The tune, has a 'hollow' sound to it, which I think might not be intentional, but maybe it is....but can be caused by many factors.

you'll need to clean up your fade ending and watch the low boomy bass stuff to make it totally pro, imo.

slick tune.

mixmkr,

thanks for the feedback.

re: the fade...I left the little string noise at the end of the fade b/'c I thought it was cool...I guess it's all subjective.

It's a tough call for me on how dominant to make the vox on this one. I want it to stand out, but I also want it to sit nicely in the mix. I think I'll see how it works when broadcast, since the guy I wrote it for likes it as is.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "hollow" sound, but whatever it is...I meant it that way :D :D :D

thanks for listening :cool:

Nice sound, nice music.

I like the music a lot though, so I don't think it should be wasted on advertising. So here's what I think you might do...

1 Pull out the refrain from this version and give it to your friend to play on his radio show. I mean, he isn't gonna use more than 15 seconds, right? That's cool - the refrain and the hook are a wonderful signature tune for a radio show.

2 Write some *real* lyrics for the tune and re-release it that way. :D

Back